Katrina

Christmas Day, Christmas in which I was in my hometown, with my amazing boyfriend, and sick mother, I was staying in a nearby hotel. Christmas, the time of giving, and celebrating with family, neither in which I was accepting, considering my mother is barely breathing , and we definitely weren't gaining anything.

In our one bed hotel room, we were snuggled up on the bed, watching some cheesy hallmark movie, that I secretly enjoyed. And on occasion grabbed a hand full of popcorn, and gazed outside at the snow.

"Hey, um I'll be back, I gotta go to my car" He said getting up from the bed, and grabbing his keys and stuffing them in the pockets of his joggers.

"Alright I'll be here" I said adjusting to the new position he left me in.

A few minutes later, which felt like forever, he came in, yelling for help, and lugging in a medium sized Christmas tree, small enough to just fit right in the corner.

"I thought since we couldn't have Christmas at home, why not bring Christmas to us" and then went back in the hallway and grabbed a Santa sack of what looked like presents, and ornaments.

"Wow. you shouldn't have done all this" I said wrapping my arms around his neck and he squeezed my waist.

"I'll make some hot chocolate though" I said smiling, and considering it was only 11am, I figured it was about the reasonable time when parents actually wanted to get up and open up presents with their kids.

"Alright" He placed the presents neatly under the tree, as I warmed up two mugs of water, because who doesn't go anywhere with out mugs. and scurried into the closet, where I kept my sack of presents, that I had snuck out to buy while he was taking a nap.

"Woah, woah, what do you got there" He said still bent over stacking presents.

"Oh you know, some presents, mainly for my self. " I shrugged and then laughed a little.

he did a brief smile then He went over to his phone and plugged it into his portable speaker, and before I knew it he was playing Mariah Carrie, and Kelly Clarkson Christmas music, talk about embarrassing, but I couldn't help but just fulfill myself with Christmas cheer.

"Here's your hot cocoa Mister" I said smiling and dancing it over to him, slightly spilling some, but that was okay.

"Thanks My lady. So how about these presents" He said smiling and handing me a present from under the tree. And I handed him one.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"You're the best" I smiled looking at the many pieces of tissue paper scattered along the floor, and bags, I had gotten jewelry, some nice earrings & necklace, and sweatshirts (some ones from pink, and other stores), some things I had shown him at forever 21, and of course hot topic shirts, and of course a nice bra,because I always talk about needing new bras, and I guess he listened to my occasional rants. This was by far the best Christmas I had ever had.

"Thank you" He said smiling and admiring his gifts, I got him two bottles of the good cologne, some nice shirts, and some nice track suits or workout clothes, and some books, and some new hiking boots, and of course a log cabin stay for this summer, that I managed to score in an auction. How exciting was that.

Again, I say best summer ever.