Chapter 9

Max's POV

"IT'S MAX!" Someone shouted.

I stood up and pulled down my hood, "Listen up! I don't take pleasure in killing but if I have to I will! Stop following Sebastian and I'll pardon you!!!!"

They all chuckled.

I sat down in the saddle, "Have it your way."

Shadow flipped over and dove, firing a plasma blast at the ship. Vikings scattered as splinters flew everywhere. I unclipped myself from the saddle and jumped down onto the ship.

What are you doing?!

I shrugged, "Get your butt down here."

Shadow landed beside me and I attacked. A few minutes of blurring, killing motions.

"ENOUGH!" Someone yelled.

I knew that voice.

All too well.

I froze and turned around, "I never expected it out of you Riley. Betrayal."

"Hmm and I thought you were smart Max. With those untrustworthy senses." Riley had her hands behind her back as she spoke.

Shadow growled.

"So are you gonna tell me why you're working for Anarchy?" I raised an eyebrow and glanced back at the men eyeing me.

"Dear uncle Sebastian came to me with an opportunity. An opportunity of a lifetime. A world of chaos. A world...without you." Riley explained.

"I thought we were-"

"Friends? Max you are better than me. I got jealous. Furious in fact." Riley admitted.

"Does your father know?!" I demanded.

She shook her head, "I haven't seen him in months."

We have to tell him.

"You know Max I expected you to be at Berk." Riley said breaking my thoughts.

"What?" I gritted through my teeth.

"Since you're so good at being a warrior I figured your training would end early and you'd be at Berk. I told uncle Sebastian and together we led his entire fleet of ships to your island. We tore it apart looking for you. Uncle almost killed me but he decided that I was to bring you to him. It's my mission Max, to bring you dead or alive." Riley murmured.

I snapped. I lunged at her, wrapped my arm around her throat, and pressing my sword against it. Soon enough the men were pointing their weapons at me. Shadow jumped in front of us and spread his wings protecting us from her men.

"Max stop!" I heard my dad yell.

I glanced up to see him and Jack hovering.

"You don't want to kill her!" Hiccup said.

"She killed our family! Our friends! She destroyed our home!!!" I yelled pressing my sword closer to her throat.

"It won't bring them back!" Jack insisted.

I slowly let go of her, shoving her forward and sheathed my sword.

"Seize her!" Riley demanded.

Men jumped on Shadow pinning him to the ship.

"And someone fix the damn sail post!" Riley ordered.

"NO!" Hiccup shouted.

Vikings seized my arms and pushed me to the ground.

"Dad go!" I demanded. "Get out of here!!"

They reluctantly left while my wrists were tied and thrown in a cell. Shadow was thrown in a cell next to me.

You have a plan right?

"This isn't part of my master plan but yes." I whispered. "I always have a plan."