Chapter 21

Hiccup's POV

Sebastian stood over Max and kicked her in the stomach. She rolled a few feet before getting on her knees and spitting out some more blood.

"Seize them!" He ordered.

I was so shocked I didn't move. I let vikings take my arms and pin Toothless down.

Max's POV

I could feel the wound healing already.

Sebastian grabbed my throat and slammed me against the wall, "You're a fool."

I grasped feebly at his hand.

I let my eyes close and my arms go limp.

"NO! MAX!" I heard my father yell.

My eyes snapped open and I grabbed my fire sword.

I slammed it into his chest and turned so he was pinned against the wall, "It seems that I've neglected to tell you that I can cheat death."

Sebastian fell to the ground and I pulled the fire sword out. I took a deep breath and let myself calm down. I sheathed it and put it back on my leg.

I turned around and grabbed my staff, "Your leader is dead. Surrender now before the same thing happens to you."

They all backed away and dropped their weapons.

Jack looked at me, "Whaa...how?!"

"Maybe another time. For now, let's go." I went past them and out of the arena.

The Bewilderbeast was standing in the middle of the village with Shadow and Moonshine hovering by his side.

Thank you Max, you helped me see the sun once again. Moonshine landed in front of me.

"Is that-"

"Dad this is Moonshine, Shadow's father." I murmured. "And you're most welcome. Bewilderbeast, thank you. The island is all yours."

Shadow landed, you okay?

"I'm great!" I smiled. "Riley...thank you so much..."

"As soon as he brought out Shadow I realized he was nuts. I should get home. Apologize to my dad." She climbed on Smoke.

"Come by anytime." I offered.

"She kidnapped you!" Jack argued.

"In the light of things I've forgiven her." I waved as she flew away. "Let's go home!" I knelt down in front of Shadow. "Let's fix you up."

I'm fine.

"He hurt you. You're not fine." I insisted and moved my hands over the marks.

Shadow sniffed the air, he stabbed you. Are you okay?!

"It healed I'm fine." His wounds started glowing and they closed up. I climbed on the saddle, "Let's get out of here."

Shadow took to the skies flying towards Dragon's Edge. Windspark moved in next to us.

"So care to explain what happened back there? You were on the verge of death." Jack murmured.

"Five years ago I started a war. Much like this one. It was against Alvin and Dagur. At one point Dagur was on top of me, ready to kill me. I grabbed my sword and jammed it through his chest. At the same time Thunder and Shadow fired lightning and a plasma blast at him. I inhaled the fumes and became immortal." Jack was silent. "A couple of years later when I took that blood oath, it healed in seconds. I realized I could heal and there's other stuff I can do. That's how I heard the buzzing."

"I'm glad you're alive."