Chapter 18

Jack's POV Hours Later

I managed to get myself and Windspark out of the ropes. We flew back to the lounge and I rushed inside.

"They took Max!" I yelled.

"What happened?!" He asked.

"Max heard buzzing. I couldn't hear it but Max did." I started. "Then a fireball came out of nowhere and exploded at the ground by our feet. We both flew backwards and they took Max and Shadow. They tied us up. She didn't even fight back."

Hiccup put his head in his hands, "We need a plan."

Max's POV

I woke up to see Riley standing in front of my cell.

"Get up. We're here." She opened the cell and dragged me outside.

Vikings put chains around my ankles and my wrists and pulled me forward. As we stepped onto their island warriors formed a path for us and stared at me. I kept my head lowered. They took me into their arena and chained me to a post with my arms stretched out. They tore off my cloak and ripped open the back of my shirt.

Sebastian came in, a whip clipped to his belt. Shadow was thrown in a cell, muzzled and chained.

"If you're going to kill me, just do it." I snapped.

Sebastian clicked his tongue, "Oh no. I want you to suffer first. A slow, painful death. Maybe I'll even offer you a deal."

"Last time someone said that, I killed them." I pointed out.

"You're right. But Dagur was an idiot. All you got from him was a scar on your eye." He retorted going to the back of me.

"To be fair. You're not so smart yourself." I replied.

CRACK!

I flinched in pain. I could hear Shadow struggling in the cell.

CRACK!

After about 50 or so times someone unlocked my chains and dragged me to a cell. I felt tears streaming down my face as I landed.

I can't heal. I told myself. Then they'll know something is up. Don't heal body. Don't heal.

I collapsed against the wall and tool deep breaths trying not to scream and cry.

You too huh?

I blinked and looked into the cell next to me. I could barely see what was in the cell.

"Who are you?" I asked.

I am Moonshine.

My eyes adjusted to the darkness and I realized there was a Night Fury in the cell next to me.

I've been here for years waiting for the right time to escape. And now I think you're my way out.

"Well you better sit tight. It's going to be a while. Wait, how long have you been here?" I asked.

Around twenty years.

"Did you have any sons?" I continued.

Yes. How did you know?

"Because I think your son is my dragon."