December 2nd / 3rd- Phan

"i got you for secret santa so i got you this really expensive but sentimental gift that you've always wanted, hoping you'll never find out it's from me - and that i've been in love with you 1234567 years"

YES I KNOW IT'S A DAY LATE but I've got writers block so I'm combining these

Phil had always loved Dan. From the moment in third grade when they both didn't do the homework. Being who they were, Phil had said that his lion ate it and Dan just didn't give a flying f***. Their teacher had made them do it in the back, and they were told not to disturb the class.

Long story short, Dan had his Tamagotchi confiscated  Phil wasn't allowed to use glue for the rest of the year.

Ever since then they were inseparable, from the time they got kicked out of McDonalds for squirting ketchup packets to the time they first went on Tumblr.

Until...they weren't. They went to different middle schools, and hardly saw each other by high school. Phil truly missed Dan, and he spent his days wishing Dan felt the same way. 

By college, they hadn't spoken to each other in years. Then, 15 years after they'd met, they found each other applying for an internship at the same workplace. Phil was surprised that Dan didn't recognize him immediately, but they reunited nonetheless. 

That was in April. Phil had spent the past couple months sorting papers, getting coffee, and envying Dan's girlfriend. Okay, she was "just his friend" but Phil didn't buy it.

One day when they came into work, their coworker, PJ, made an announcement. The office would be doing Secret Santa to celebrate the holidays. Everyone put their name into a hat, and drew at random, but Phil couldn't stop staring at the name.

Dan Howell.

It was rigged, he decided. Out of the people at the office Dan was the only person Phil really knew, but he was excited nonetheless. 

Phil was ashamed to admit that he had spent the rest of that day on amazon looking for Cyber Monday deals, but he had no luck.

Later, when he was getting on the bus to his apartment, he saw something interesting. A little girl playing with a tamagotchi. They still made those?  he wondered. He knew it was the perfect gift for Dan, even if it was a little cheesy.

When exchanging gifts Phil was incredibly nervous. He sincerely hoped Dan would like it, he didn't know what to do with himself if he didn't.

Then it came Dan opened his present, and immediately looked at Phil. "You still remember," he said, and almost shed a tear. "Well thats good, because open yours,"

Phil opened his, a bottle of Elmer's glue. He smiled, "Thank you," he said, smiling, giving Dan a hug.

"Merry Christmas," Dan said.

"Merry Christmas," Phil replied.