Another Painful Headcanon

By falloutpercy and aphnodite

AU where the demigods powers actually do affect them and their body, but they can't feel the affect taking place.

Leo using his fire powers, but instead of them having no affect on him whatsoever, they leave second and third degree burns up and down his skin, but he can't feel any of the pain left behind by the flames.

Percy who breathes underwater, but cannot feel the burn of the salt water in his lungs. Who cannot feel himself slowly drowning with each second he stays beneath the surface. Percy suffering from decompression sickness and never even being aware of it.

Hazel who uses the mist freely and cannot feel her own reality distorting. Hazel who cannot feel herself slowly turning insane. But, Hazel who has this constant feeling of worry that she'll somehow turn into her mother.

Jason experiencing severe altitude sickness without ever really being aware of the symptoms. Jason being unable to feel the breathlessness, or fatigue. Jason dismissing the loss of appetite and clumsiness when Piper first points them out. Jason with double vision and increased heart rate, and not noticing, or accepting, that anything is wrong at all.

Piper being unaware that her real voice is slowly starting to disappear. People being unable to trust her, and never knowing whether she's using her real voice or her persuasive one. Because they slowly become the same thing, because she can hardly tell the difference between the two. And so she uses them interchangeably without knowing.

But Frank.. God damn, Frank. The animal he is inside becomes who he is outside too. He wreaks havoc on everything and doesn't see damage because that's how animals are, unable to control themself. People fearing the way he growls and bares his teeth without knowing he is; the way he breathes out pure horror