Chapter fifthteen

As mist kit entered pine clans camp she almost at once heard muted whisperings and a couple of suspicious and hostile glances were cast at her. Her fur prickled with unease. Would she be accepted by them all... More importantly, would she be accepted by the leader?
The gentle she- cat bent down to murmur something in her ear. "Don't be scared... I noticed the same reaction when I first joined"
Mist kit glanced up at her curiously. "You weren't born in the clan?" She asked, narrowing her eyes. Was this she- cat a kitty pet or a loner? Before mist kit got to hear the reply, she was silenced by someone's tail flicking over her mouth. Looking up, she realised that oak fur wanted her to be quiet. She dipped her head respectively.

Pine clans leader, spruce star leapt down from the high log, his eyes narrowed and fur bristling. Indicating mist kit with a swish of his tail he mewed softly, angrily.
"Explain yourselves"
Oak fur seemed to quail beneath his leaders furious stare and swallowed twice before answering. "This kit claims that she spoke to star clan and she said that she must serve this clan... Her name is mist kit"
A total silence met his words. Spruce Star seemed shocked, amazed at something. There was a distant look in his eyes that mist kit could not see through... Something that had been hidden for moons within the leaders knowledge was now to be revealed. When he spoke, his words were like the darkness that fell from the night. But there was a soft light hidden in those words too.
"When dark wings spread deceit,
The two for survival compete.
Only when the peace is sorely missed,
Will come the cat of the mist"