Chapter 14

(Earlier at the arcade) The Moppet Girl started to sweat as the "Chews Your Racer" board didn't want Vanellope for the day. She raised her hand and waved it violently, "Mr. Litwak!" He walked over there, "What's the problem sweetie?" "Vanellope isn't on here. I really want to play her, but she's been gone for two days now!" He was nervous by the unsatisfied girl, "Look at all these other racers you can be! See-" he took the steering wheel and moved the cursor over to Snowanna, "You got Snowanna, ohhhh....look darling! Our newest racer came in not too long ago! Why don't you give her a try? It's Minty Sakura!" Mr. Litwak put his hands on his hips and managed a fake smile. The Moppet Girl sighed as she pressed the gas petal and selected Sakura. Sakura bowed and twirled in excitement...but she glitched in red..."What?" The Moppet Girl was confused, but she ignored the little failure and continued to play. (Back at Diet Cola Mountain) Marco was sitting near an angered Ralph, "Sakura was a princess...in the Japanese version of Sugar Rush. At first, this game was getting shipped off to Japan, but they couldn't afford it. They were going to destroy Sugar Rush, but Litwak offered to buy the console for cheap and reprogram it to be in English. Sakura treated all of the racers and citizens as slaves...she was even thought to be an outcast, and perhaps a hated character, so Litwak tried to delete her code. This sent a confused ex-princess to the NES...and when Litwak wanted a new character, Sakura seized the opportunity to get her rightful ruling as princess back, but she was far from successful knowing she's been replaced. She wants to delete your code so she can reprogram this world back to its Japanese version...so she can be princess again." Marco's words made Vanellope glitch as Ralph stomped, "She deserved it! She was wrong for treating you guys as slaves!" Marco shook his head, "I can't believe I trusted them." Felix stood silent thinking about it, "Well?" Vanellope hopped up, "Marco, I trusted her too. I thought she was my friend." Ralph sweated, "Can they hack the codes?" Marco shrugged, "Far as I know, nope." Felix hopped up and said, "I can't stand being like this, I'm sorry Marco." Marco smiled, "I'm the one who needs to apologize." Vanellope gagged, "And now we all love each other when people want me dead?" Marco said, "We will need a wise person to fool those two." Felix grinned, "I know just the gal!" (Hero's Duty) Calhoun dropped her gun, "I'm on it!" Felix and Calhoun ran out as all the soldiers stood there in disbelief. Once they got to Sugar Rush, Sakura popped out and said, "Goodnight sleeping beauties!" She threw a strange piece of candy at the two. Felix picked it up and said, "What is this?" Calhoun snickered, "I'm not even...t-tired." She yawned, "On second thought..." She fell asleep. Felix smiled and did the same. Sakura raced towards the castle as Randy followed behind.