Chapter 4

Louis drove slowly on his way to Heathrow airport, the wind shield wipers on his Porsche slowly moving back and forth, the light rain quietly hitting the roof of his car, Ed Sheeran's Give Me Love softly playing from the luxury sound system. Louis was scared. He knew he wasn't alone but had a habit of not telling anyone how he felt. Louis had been told since childhood to 'be a man' and that petty things like emotions should not affect how he was as a person.

Tears began to slowly pour down his cheeks as he thought of all the things he would have missed out on in the past two years. He felt devastated that he had not been by Liam's side when Danielle had called it quits in the relationship, rumoured to be two weeks before Liam had planned to propose. Liam had been monogamous his entire life, never wanting to hurt a girl but the devastation he had faced with the ending of his and Danielle's relationship had been a terrible blow to his being. Liam was sent into a downwards spiral of despair. Thankfully, Tom, Andy and Maz had stepped in yet Louis felt the terrible guilt nonetheless.

Liam was okay but now Louis couldn't forget about Niall. The poor Irish lad had been known to fall in love with one person and only one person. And if that person broke his heart, as had happened recently, the impact would be devastating.

He inhaled slowly, feeling defeated. All this stress was keeping him up at night and he knew he needed to sleep. But sleep could happen on the plane. Right now, he had to get to the airport. Louis took another deep breath and turned up the volume on his radio. His car dashboard notified him that a call was coming through on his bluetooth.

'Hello, Louis Tomlinson' he said

'Louis, It's Lottie. I heard what's happening and I just want you to be safe. Have an amazing flight and let me know how it all turns out!' Lottie was Louis' oldest sister and the two were becoming closer every day. Louis had made the decision to not tell his family about the plans. However, Lottie had a habit of following update accounts on twitter and often knew about things the boys were doing before Louis knew himself.

'Thanks Lottie! Love you! Say hi to Mark for me?'

'Alright, Bye Lou. Love you too.'

Louis increased his speed as he passed a sign reading 'London, 60 Miles.' He tried to suppress a yawn without much success. He opened the car window to allow the frigid February air to wake him. He was lucky it was an early morning flight, the drive between Doncaster and London was typically dead of traffic at 3 in the morning. Barreling around a corner, Louis saw bright lights headed towards him. He swerved his car and narrowly missed driving into a farmer's field after slipping on black ice. He struggled to regain control of his tiny car.

Finally regaining power over the near-deadly spinout, Louis pulled his car to the shoulder of the road, rubbing his chest where the seatbelt had bruised him. It was then that he gasped for air, realising that he had been holding his breath the entire time.

He fished his iPhone out of his pocket and dialed the first number to show, Liam's. Liam picked up on the first ring. In one giant breath, Louis explained the story. Liam was concerned but knew that Louis was okay. He told him that he was on his way to pick him up.

Liam drove up next to Louis, Andy in the car alongside him. Liam got into Louis' passenger seat and reached across the car to give him the strongest hug he could. He pulled out some tissues and offered Louis one to wipe his eyes. Andy drove off in the Alfa Romeo while Louis started up the Porsche, driving far more cautiously.

'Liam, thank you so much for coming here. It means a lot.'

'Louis, I don't think you realise I never stopped thinking about you boys. You guys were everything I needed for two years of my life, you're not just going to disappear out of my mind. Believe it or not, Lou, I love you lads. It's never stopped. Sometimes I just look at my old youtube channel and watch the video we did with Maz with the weird story and remember how the fans went crazy over the fact that we were shirtless. Or the time I filmed Niall practising his jumps and he slipped. It's the moments like those that make me miss you guys more than ever.'

'Liam, I love you mate. I was devastated when you and Danielle broke up. You guys had broken up before but then you got back together and we thought all was well. And I mean I miss the youtube videos too. They were an amazing idea and I'm so glad we did them.'.

'Well, Lou, let's make another. One last video before we jump in to this crazy mess.'

Liam pulled out his iPhone and switched the camera to front view. 'Hi Youtube!' He started. 'I have a lot of explaining to do so if you could just bear with me, I'll tell you why I'm starting the videos again.'

Louis smiled and felt a tear roll down his cheek as he realised his life was settling back into a pattern it had lacked for too long.