Chapter 9

A/N Thanks again for all the reads! Sorry that I couldn't do a double update today, I had four appointments that I didn't know about. Hopefully this chapter makes up for it! I really like it idk. Love you all! (:

"Niall. It's Simon. Are all the boys there?"

"Yes." Niall answered curtly.

"Why?"

"I've no idea but I'm happy that they are."

"Well I can tell you one thing, it's bringing you more publicity."

"Simon, I in no way intend to be rude but I have to admit, I don't think I'm only speaking for myself when I say that we are not really concerned about fame. Sure we love performing and making music, hell, Liam's most recent single is amazing. But I think we need to speak as a group before we discuss this any further. Is that alright?" Harry answered slowly, as if he was carefully picking his words.

"I'm not saying release a new single or anything quite yet. I'm just looking at the possibility of bringing One Direction back on the music scene. You guys would undoubtedly dominate." Simon answered, seeming slightly upset about the opposition he was  receiving, almost as if he expected the boys to immediately agree to working together again.

"Simon, I feel like we should talk about this as a group, like Harry said. This is only our second day being all together since we were so forcefully split. Can we at least try and spend some time together normally and then make our decision?" Zayn replied.

"Understandable. Later boys. I have never stopped being proud of the success you achieved as a group and would be very grateful if you considered my offer. Goodbye." Simon said as he hung up his phone.

The sound of a dial tone filled the room as everyone sat in a shocked silence.

Niall's growling stomach interrupted the moment and the boys all laughed.

"So, what do you think of the news?" Liam asked. He was excited. He had made music on his own and had been fairly successful, but being a solo artist was not the same as having been in the band. He had always secretly hoped they would get back together. And here they were, faced with that option that Liam had been craving for years.

"I think we should maybe do it?" Niall answered slowly. He seemed a little hesitant, as if over committing might scare the other boys off.

"I agree." replied Zayn "But we can't tell Simon right away. Did you not hear him? All he wants is the money. We have to make him wait for it. Maybe see if he can beg."

"Good idea, Zayn. What if we were to do covers and such on youtube and see what happens?" Louis replied. This time, he wanted to be in control of the decisions surrounding his fame and his life, that was what mattered to him most of all.

Each one of the boys quietly agreed and smiled at the thought. They were here to make our music and to make the fans proud, not for the money or the fame. That was what mattered.

--------------

It had been three hours since the phone call from Simon. The boys were seated in Niall's living room on the couch. They were cycling through ideas for what cover to do so that they could upload it to Liam's youtube channel.

"What about Gunnin' by Hedley?" Zayn asked.

"Or maybe Pompeii by Bastille?" Louis suggested.

"I've got it. We should do Wonderwall by Oasis." Niall answered. The boys all looked at him questioningly. "Well, we covered it like 5 years ago when we filmed What Makes You Beautiful, right? And I hate being too sentimental, but you guys have always been my wonderwall." They all nodded.