Chapter 1

2 Years Later

It was a chilly and rainy day and Harry Styles was glad to be able to duck into the small Starbucks on Charring Cross Road. Gone were the days of being ushered from place to place by a team of security. Harry shook the rain from his shaggy curls and walked up to the counter to place his order 'Grande Tazo Chai with no foam please' he said quietly, trying to avoid attention. A man in the corner kept looking at him. Harry could not place where he knew him from but the man seemed familiar. As Harry went to sit down and pull open his book bag, the man walked up to his table. 'Harry. Harry Styles. I never thought I would see you here.'

'Sorry?' Harry replied. 

'Harry, it's Greg. Greg Horan? Niall's brother. How have you been?'

'I'm studying Law and Sociology right now at Oxford, yourself?'

'To be honest, Harry.. Niall's not doing so well. You heard about the breakup?'

Harry had heard about the breakup. Niall had begun dating a fan named Anna not long after the band's breakup. Niall had recently proposed only to discover that Anna was only in the relationship for the publicity. They had separated but all had gone to hell when Anna further admitted to sending Niall hate anonymously through twitter. She had said that she had done so in order to further her own carreer. If she was the powerhouse in the relationship, she would become more famous and had broken Niall's heart in the process.

Recently Harry had read a Sugarscape article about how Niall had been pictured with a joint in his hand on multiple occasions and that he was on probation for drug use. He knew that Niall was in trouble and wanted desperately to help him but was no longer sure that he could do anything for someone he was once so close to.

Greg pulled the chair across from Harry out and sat down. 'Harry, I think he needs someone to talk to from the old times. I know it's a lot to ask but would you be able to help? I'm scared for his life, Harry. I don't know if one day I'll get a phone call and my mother's on the other line telling me they found him with a bullet in his brain or hanging from the rafters.' Greg started to cry at this point. Harry put a hand on his shoulder and tried to comfort him as best he could. Greg checked his phone and said 'Listen, Harry. I have to go see my wife with the kids but have a good day. And, Happy belated 21st birthday.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it had been 2 days since the talk with Greg and Harry's head was spinning. He wanted to contact Niall and talk but was afraid to maybe have more memories from the past appear. Harry was determined to make his decision by the end of the day. Pacing back and forth, Harry wrung his hands. He had to make up his mind it was his friend's life in danger. Mind set, Harry sat on the edge of his bed and did something he had not done in a long time. He searched through his contacts and found Niall's number. It began ringing. 'Hello?'