Chapter 5 - Stupid Boys...

"No," I refuse, shaking my head at my brother.

"Please?" he begs, putting his hands together in a beg. "Pretty please? You have no clue how much this would mean to me."

"I don't care," I growl. "I refuse to be the victim of another one of your parties gone wrong."

"I won't even have alcohol this time, honey," he coos, putting his hands together in some kind of begging gesture. "Please?"

"No," I say stubbornly, folding my arms.

"Is that your final answer? Are you even going to consider it?"

"Yes and nope."

"Alright, I guess we're going to have to do this the hard way," he sighs, grabbing my arm and yanking me in my bedroom. Mom and Dad are already gone with Cody to see my grandparents and Jace is about to do something that one of us is sure to regret.

"Jace! Let go!" I hiss, trying to pluck off his grip. "I am not going to your party! You can't force me to do anything! I will run away for heaven's sake!"

"Oh, no you won't," Jace shakes his cocky head in my face. "I'll put Kasen on door duty so you'll stay far away from them."

"There's more than just one exit in this house, stupid," I roll my eyes. How dumb is he? I have my ways out of this house; probably more ways than he even has friends.

"I've got more than just one friend, stupid," he fires back.

"Oh, really? Are there imaginary friends that I don't know about?" I ask sarcastically.

"No? For heaven's sake, just stop being difficult and go get in your best party dress."

"I don't even have a party dress!" I holler in his face. He raises his eyebrows and smiles evilly before stepping around me and getting in my closet. He starts going through all my hangers and moving around clothes until he comes across a bagged article of clothing. Gripping the handles, he pulls it off the rack and opens the bag so I can see what he's holding. It just happens to be the dress I wore at my sweet sixteenth birthday party, a dress that I prefer not to get covered in people's sweat.

"What was that about not having a party dress?" Jace smirks, holding it up.

"I'm not wearing that," I protest stubbornly. "Not a chance."

"Oh, really?" he grins evilly. "Well, I didn't realize you liked Kasen so much, but I guess I'll send him up right away to help you. I'm sure he'll enjoy that. "

"What, no!" I shriek. "I didn't say that!"

"You implied it," Jace says, heading toward the doorway after throwing the dress on the bed. "Now change into that dress. You have five minutes before I send Kasen."

"You wouldn't," I narrow my eyes at him viciously, but it doesn't phase him.

"Try me," he sneers, sneaking out the door. I let out an exasperated yell and start throwing my clothes off my body. I throw off my t-shirt and yank off my jeans. Then I run to the dress. It's a bit of a puzzle to get it out of the bag the rest of the way, but I manage to fish it out and start putting it on. The dress is different shades of purple, very poofy, and has more layers than I can count on my right hand. It comes down to my knees and the top has cuff sleeves that are made of satin. The skirt poofes out from my waist and the bodice is studded with fake diamonds and rhinestones.

Basically, it's my favorite dress in the whole world and if it gets ruined tonight, Jace will be buying me a replacement...

I come out of my room about four minutes later, giving my reddish-brown hair a flip while adjusting the skirt. Jace gives me a thumbs up as he helps Calvin hang up some lights around the room, but I pretend not to notice as I adjust things. When I look up, Kasen winks at me and I stick out my tongue at him before heading toward the stairs.