Epilogue

14 months later...

"Sam! We did it! We graduated!" Hadley squeals, jumping up and down. I laugh and throw my arms around her, giving her a tight hug. We jump up and down while we hug and we are eventually joined by all of our other friends as each of them make it out of the tunnel from the ceremony. It feels so good to be graduated and I'm so ready to move on to happier things.

"Excuse me!" a manly voice says from in front of me. "Coming through! Watch your toes!"

I look up from my group hug and see my brother coming towards us, his arms extended toward me. I make my way out of the hug and run straight into the arms of the person who helped me survive high school and all it had to offer me. I smile and give him an enormous bear hug and he does the the same to me, spinning me around.

"We did it, sis!" he exclaims. "Congratulations! And you got your 4.0 GPA!"

"I sure did! Congratulations to you, too! I hope you don't get too depressed over this whole graduation thing," I grin, patting his cap.

"Depressed? Why would I be depressed?" he asks, confused.

"Your title just went down the sink," I reply, smirking.

"What title?"

"You're not the bad boy at Oakland High School anymore."

"Oh, psh, just because I'm graduated doesn't mean I'm not the bad boy. Give it another minute or two and you will hear one of the teachers come out of the tunnel screaming. Just wait."

"Wait...are you serious?" I gasp, my smirk disappearing. He nods and I realize he's the one who's amused now.

"Just wait," he winks before releasing me from the hug and going over to talk to Hadley. I stand there confused and look at the tunnel when two arms come flying around me from behind.

"There's my beauty queen," Jake says, planting a kiss on my cheek. "You did it! Congratulations!"

"Thanks, Jake," I smile, turning so I can face him. He pecks my lips and I wrap my arms around his waist, smiling up at him.

"Anytime. So I was thinking maybe I could give you a little something," he says, reaching in his pocket.

"Oh, you don't have to do that," I say, not wanting him to spend any more money on me. He spoils me rotten...

"I don't have to, but I certainly want to," he smiles, pulling out a long chain with a pendent on the bottom. He places it in my hand and I bring it closer so I can look at it.

"Is that the mascot for the University of California, Berkeley?" I exclaim.

"Sure is. I was thinking you might enjoy that along with the news that I've decided to give college a try," he smiles.

"Are you...going to.."

"University of California, Berkeley? They're the only ones who offered me a scholarship, so that's what I'm thinking," he says. I let out an excited scream and jump into his arms. This is too perfect! I'll have both my brother and my best friend with me at college and I'm too excited!

"Jake! Ah! I am psyched!" I squeal.

"I am too, Sam," he chuckles, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. We start going in for another kiss when we hear a high pitched scream echoing through the tunnel. Everyone turns around to see what is going on and Jace's least favorite teacher runs out of the tunnel with a huge hole in his gown and he's being chased by a giant dog who looks to be very hungry.

"Jace," I growl under my breath, turning to look at him. He's already looking at me when we make eye contact, giving me a "see I told you" expression. He is grinning like a mad man and I am in disbelief. How did he manage to do that?

The thing about Jace is he has a very clever mind, one that I have never been able to completely understand. He's pulled more pranks than I can count on my fingers and toes and somehow he finds ways to pull new ones. Nobody knows how he does it, not even his friends or me.

I decided not to care after a while. Jace will be Jace and I love him just the way he is, even though sometimes I'd like to package him up and ship him off to Nicaragua. He's helped me through so much and been my best friend my whole entire life. I love him more than anything and I'm so grateful for him.

Some people think it's a nightmare to be the bad boy's sister, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yay! We finished! I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Thanks SO MUCH for reading! I'm so grateful for each and every one of you readers! You're all great! :)

-Kelly

*The adventures of Sam and Jace continue in The Bad Boy's Sister 2, now available on Wattpad!*