[13] : Appologies & Promises

OHMYGOD! Wtf even..!? 200 followers!
Wowowowowow!
Thank you everyone! A lot! All my followers❤
And one more reason to happy is that 'Sealed Fate' is getting an amazing response! Not even my earlier book which has much more reads has yet got a 200+ votes on any chapter but this one already has four such chapters plus the number of reads per chapter is amazing! All are 1k+!
I love you guys so much! Thankyouuuuu❤
And now.. HAPPY READING :)

------

"And you punched him? Woah!" said Navya.

I was sitting in my bedroom reminiscing the fantastic punch and slap that I had given to two absolute jerks in my life. I obviously told Navya about it.

"Yeah."

"Manik Malhotra! Damn! I wouldn't be surprised if he came after you now.."

"Nah. I would." I said.

Surprise and shock. These two words go hand in hand with Manik. He seem to have linked himself with these words. Specially when it comes to he and I.

"I thought that guy had something for you.. I mean after watching what he was like last night, with that Jeremy scene.." she crossed her legs and settled herself upon the mattress handling me a cup of hot brewed coffee.

"Hmm.." I blew over the cup.

"Anyways, all men are alike! Be it a wanna be Jeremy or a hot shot Manik" she said.

I smiled.

"Yeah."

"I guess I hit him too hard.." I said remembering the cut on his lip I gave him.

"He deserved it" she takes a sip of coffee from her cup and continues, "besides how can he ask you to sleep with him? Ew. Gross."

"But that was old, we were used to this by now.. Only my heart went crazy over this time" I moved my fingers around the rim of the coffee mug and sighed.

"You mean what?"

"What?" I asked confusingly.

"Did you have something for Jeremy too?" she asked.

"Jer.. Jeremy? No! I'm taking of Manik here.. His lip was bleeding."

"Oh.."

There was a long moment of silence before she spoke up again.

"How deep are you into this?" she asked me exactly the question I had been fighting.

"I don't know... Its complicated." I said softy.

"I'm all ears." said my best friend.

"Its different Navya.. You know last night.. we had this thing.. We didn't make out, we just talked. I talked. He listened. He asked me about me.." I smiled a little, "Its like.. something I have never ever felt before.. Not even for Madhyam."

"You like him?" she put her hand over mine and I met her eyes.

"Feels like it." I sighed.

"Its like.. The darkness doesn't affect me with him around.." I looked at her, she looked worried.

"Nandini.. I'm happy that you came out of that shell you locked yourself into but..."

"But its Manik Malhotra this time! Hoping for this is impossible.. Yeah?" I raised my brows and chuckled.

"Its too early, I know.. Its too early to say if its love.. Or whatever it is, but I say its something. Something that my heart feels strongly for" I took a sip of the coffee she had made for us.