[12] : Present

"Yoooo watup?" entered Cabir yet again.

I was still reading Nandini's thing about me when he disturbed me. I had lost the track of time as I had lost myself into her laptop.

"Dude, F off" I said, irritatedly still not looking at him.

"So you finally decide to search through that!" He said and shifted my focus from something so beautiful to his ugly face.

I shut the laptop and looked at him.

"Found something productive?" He asked.

Should I tell him? I didn't want him to bother me at that time, I wanted to read more.. Know more. What she felt and why she left. But then he's my best friend and he knows all about me.. But then he is an irritating stupid ass too.

I decided to tell him, not.

"No.. Its all trash." I pretended to sound off.

"Okay then leave the trash and come with me, since you're still not over her.. Let's get you a drink and find you someone!" He sounded all excited.

I looked through my office window, it was dark outside. The last time I looked through them, it was the bright sun shining right inside. I had been reading her journal all day long, reminiscing it too.. I missed her so I was living her all over again through her journal about US. No matter what, I couldn't ever hate her, no matter how loud I say it... I scream it! But I know I could never hate her..

"Snap out boss!" He clicked his fingers in front of my face.

"Are we going? Or are we going?"

I gave him a skeptical look. I didn't want to go. I wanted to read it all! I wanted to live her again! How I wished I could just skip the parts and know where she went but I wanted to live all the moments through her words again.

"I'm in no mood." I said and looked away.

"Yaar don't be so grumpy! Let's just goo..! You said you hate her, then forget her!" He sat in front of me.

I did say that but I didn't mean that. Never. And what was it with him? He was the one wanting me to read her stuff earlier this morning!

"I'm busy.. I have work.. Meetings lined up.. Go out with your girlfriend." I said opening my laptop and pretending to be busy.

"You are my girlfriend" he paused and I looked up at his wide grinning face, "for tonight" he said through that grin. "Now let's go.." He got up and pulled my arm. Too bad.. I am stronger than him.

"Manik dude!" He looked at me in disappointment when he couldn't make me move.

"Listen I don't want to go, I'm going home." I said shrugging his hand away.

"You just said you had meetings.."

"Change of plan." I fake smiled.

I got up from my chair, picked her laptop and mine and put them in my bag.

"Why that?" He pointed at her pink laptop.

"Its mine"

"Is it?" He grinned slyly.

"Yes." I said ignoring his irritating grin.

"That's her laptop and as far as I remember you saying.. You hate her right? And you don't want to read it, its all trash! So give it to me. I'll give it to Navya.." He mocked at me. Such an ass.

"Shut up. Its mine. And Navya sent it to me. I can do whatever with it.." I said giving an irritated look to my best friend and walked past him.

I think I saw him smirk and maybe I heard him giggle. He knew me so well.