[10] : Wet Eyes, Battelfield & Break-Up

"Navya its 4 in the morning!" I grabbed Navya's hand as she headed towards the door.

"So? So what? I'm not going to let him go just like that! He says bad stuff about me and then he eyes YOU. He has to have it!" she turned to look at me.

"Navya, please! I will talk to him, please!"

"He will have it Navya" I hear Manik walk down the stairs and stand behind me.

I look at him and then back at Navya.

"Navya listen, its about my job.. just two more weeks left, please.." I pleaded.

"Two weeks for what?" he asked.

"N..nothing.." I stuttered.

I hadn't yet told him that I was leaving soon.

Would he even care?

"Could you give us a moment please?" I looked up at him. Hearing that he left us alone and walked out.

"Nandu but I..."

"Navya please, I will meet him and talk it out myself.." I knew I was being selfish, but I had no choice at this moment and I hoped for Navya to understand.

"Okay" she said and threw her car keys on the sofa and walked up stairs.

I went out and found Manik standing on the porch.

"I'll stay here for now..." I said.

"We had a pact sweetheart.." He filled the gap between us, "..you got a night off. The first and the last one."

I stared at him like an idiot as he got closer and reached for my lips. He lightly caressed them with his thumb, dabbing my pink pout.

While I kept taking in his sudden change of behavior, he bent down to level our faces and pressed his lips onto mine. Wow it ignited fireworks inside me.

I didn't reply back but I too enjoyed the presence of his thin moist lips over mine. The last I tasted them was when we fought in his office.

Wait, fought?

Fighting wouldn't be the appropriate word here. That's something what usual couples do but we were nowhere near to be called as a couple. Our relationship was different.. No hearts involved. But I liked him now.

He quickly left my lips, "Its been long since I had those" his eyes fixed on my lips.

Long? It wasn't even 12 hours back but it really did felt like 12 years.

"Manik, I said I'm done with this, PACT thing, I–" I sounded not so happy with what I had said but I couldn't take my words back. That would have made it all the more evident that I was weak.

"And I said we had a pact" he smirked his usual smirk and his fingers parted ways with my lips as he stepped back to leave.

I saw him vanish away in the faint morning light that came through the rising sun.

It wasn't yet glowing yellow but the sky was wearing its morning color now.

It was a sleepless night and the day that followed was not much different.

I had to sort this out with Jeremy and I had to be done with this magazine thing. I had to distance myself from Manik as soon as possible before my heart lands me up into deep shit.

I walked up stairs to a crying Navya. She lay on the bed with her stomach flat on the mattress. Her head was hidden in her arms. I heard her sob.

I sat next to where she lay.