The Name

Aqua, Terra, and Ventus showed her around the castle and said this place was called The Land of Departure. The three of them had grown up here together. We then walked out of the castle and on the way I stopped and found my reflection in the water. I had long brown hair and peach colored skin. My eyes were yellow and were almost glowing. I got startled by my eyes and jolted back, but I accidently ran into Ventus.

"Hey, you ok?" asked Ventus.

I said nothing and covered my eyes.

"Guess she didn't know her eyes were glowing a little," said Aqua.

"Hey it's no big deal," said Ventus, "It actually looks kinda cool."

I removed my hands and made a face as if to say, "really?"

"Come on," Ventus said, "There's something you got to see."

We went to a spot where you could see a great view of the castle. Since it was night time, the stars were out and there were many of them. More than I think was possible.

"What do you think Hao?" asked Ventus.

I stood amazed at the view, it was gorgeous. Ventus urged me to sit down on the edge next to him. I sat down with Ventus to my left and Aqua to my right, Terra sat on the other side of Ventus. We all stared at the view for a while. Suddenly, I felt something nudge my right arm. I jumped away from the edge and saw that it was Aqua trying to give me something.

"It's ok," said Aqua almost laughing, "They're just cookies I made for us."

Ventus smiled and urged me over again. I sat down, grabbed a cookie, and passed the box of cookies to Ventus. Still unsure I watched Ventus and Terra eat theirs first, then I took a small bite of mine. It was delicious, so I took another then another until I finished it.

Terra smiled and said, "You're kinda jumpy aren't you? Kinda reminds me of Ven."

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" said Ventus.

"It's true," said Aqua laughing.

"Come on Aqua!" said Ventus.

I laughed hard catching the attention of the three, who then smiled.

When I stopped laughing I said, "Thank you."

"No problem Hao," said Ventus then after a second or two, "Wait!? You spoke!?"

I smiled shyly, "Yeah."

"Why didn't say anything before?" asked Ventus.

"I didn't know if you were going to hurt me or not," I explained then placed my hands on my lap, "And I feel so lost."

"What do you mean?" asked Aqua.

"When Master Eraqus asked me how I got here, I couldn't answer him," I said, "Cause I don't know. I don't even know where I'm from no less how I got here."

"Don't worry," Ventus said, "I'm sure you'll remember soon."

I smiled, "Thanks Ventus."

"Call me Ven," said Ventus.

"Do you remember your name at least?" asked Terra.

I thought for a moment and said, "Deli."

"That's a pretty name," said Aqua a she put her hand on mine, "Don't worry Deli, we'll help you the best we can to retrieve your memories."

"Thank you Aqua," I said.

"Can I still call you Hao?" asked Ventus, "It's not that I have a problem with your name or anything, I just think it would be cool as a nickname."

"I thought the point of calling her Hao was because we didn't know her name?" asked Terra.

Ventus gave Terra an irritated look and I laughed.

"Sure," I said, "You can still call me Hao if you want. I actually like it."

Ventus gave a me a smile, "Great! Hey do you want to come to our keyblade practice tomorrow? I think it would be great if you did!"

"Keyblade practice?" I asked, "What's a Keyblade?"

"If you come tomorrow you can find out," said Aqua.

I smiled and said, "Ok sure."