Chapter 17

Alex's POV

I couldn't believe it.

Tobin wanted to talk to me?

After so many days of waiting and avoiding, small talk and awkwardness, she actually wants to talk to me.

And I want to talk to her.

I miss her more than ever.

But I know I'll miss Servando if I let him go.

God, I can't make any decisions.

Plus, Tobin has Morgan.

I have me and my broken heart.

Tobin's POV

I check my watch 7:52pm.

Dammit.

Why can't time go faster?

I pace, and think of how I want things to go.

Oh God.

I don't know how I want things to go.

I'm completely clueless.

What am I doing?

WHAT AM I DOING?!?

This was a mistake. Maybe I should just tell Alex that I got sick or something. Yeah. That's what I'll do.

I pull my phone out.

"Hi" Alex's raspy voice is like music to my ears.

I look up.

"Hey stranger" I smile. Stupid!! I put my phone back. Too late to cancel now.

Alex gives a half smile.

"So..." She starts, sitting on the low brick wall.

I sit a few spaces next to her.

"I'm sorry about how I've been acting recently. I shut you out, and I shouldn't have. I should have accepted the fact that you don't like me the way I love you, and that we probably weren't meant for each other. I'm sorry that my feelings got in the way of our friendship" I say, and I feel empty now. I basically poured out my heart to Alex, and she doesn't care about me.

"I am sorry. I'm sorry about treating you the way I did. I'm sorry about leaving you in the dust, after you did everything for me. It wasn't you. It was me. I'm really sorry. I still feel ashamed about everything. Not telling you, and leaving you" She says, and tears sting her eyes.

"I wanted you to come out here so I can apologize for everything I did and everything I didn't do" I say, and she bites her lip. "Being without your company was slowly driving me crazy. I don't know how I lasted this long without having a normal conversation with you" I sigh.

"You shouldn't apologize. I should. I should have apologized a long time ago" She says, grabbing my hands. I try not to tense up at the touch. She hasn't touched me like that since......

My mind races through the past, and tears well up in my eyes.

"You don't know how bad I feel. But I know you love Moe, so I'll leave you alone now" She says, getting up and dropping my hands.

She takes a step backwards, and wipes a tear.

"You know, I still love you" She gives me a half smile, sniffs, then runs off before I can think twice about what happened.

"I love you too" I whisper, watching her disappear into the darkness.