Chapter 23

Kelley's POV

So I wanted to do something about Tobin And Alex. But then I didn't, right when I saw them holding hands and walking through the hallway yesterday after class.

Moe was in tears.

She was an absolute wreck.

So that's when JJ decided to bring in her friend Meghan. That's when I realized what a genius JJ really is. And a great friend.

Today Moe was a ton happier, and she and Meghan did almost everything together. I stopped Tobin alone on the way to her dorm.

"You and Alex..?" I ask.

She grins.

"We're together" She grins.

"I like you two together, but if she treated you so badly, why'd you go back to her?" I ask.

"Because that's what friends do. They forgive each other" She smiles at me, stays a second longer, then leaves.

If I were in Tobin's spot, I may not have been able to forgive Alex. Alex still has a bad taste in my mouth. She's a player.

And if Tobin isn't careful, Alex may strike again. I don't want to see my best friend hurt.

But I also don't want to ruin what they have.

Tobin is finally happy, and I want her to stay happy for as long as possible. Forever, if I can manage it. So I'm going to do everything in my power to keep them together. Alex makes Tobin happy, Tobin makes Alex happy. Let's keep it that way.