Chapter 42

Tobin's POV

I couldn't believe my luck. I had Alex all to myself in an apartment she is renting. I smile at her resting figure. Who knew that all it took to get her was to give her a couple drinks and sleep with her. I sit up, and rub my eyes.

I realize something. In the morning, when she realizes who I really am, she's going to run off. I need some backup.

I pull my phone out at decide to call Ash. After all, I am still mad at Kelley and she might still be mad at me. Plus I want to see the look on her face when I bring Alex back.

"Hey Ash" I grin.

"Hey Tobs. Whats up?" She asks.

"I need you to come here. I found Alex, but she doesn't exactly know who I am" I bite my lip.

"What do you mean she doesn't know who you are?" Ash laughs. 

"Well I found her in a bar pretty wasted, and she took me to her apartment, stuff happened, and she has no idea that its me. She's been trying to get away from me for the longest time" I tell her.

"Okay. where are you?" Ash asks.

I give her the address.

"Alright. I'll be right over. But first, can you tell me what I'm going up against?" She asks.

"Well, when Alex wakes up, she's going to be pretty mad at me, then she's going to try to get out of here, maybe put up a big fight" I say.

"Okay. There isn't anything I cant handle, I'll be right over. Text me if anything happens" Ash says.

"Will do. Come fast, its almost nine thirty, and she doesn't sleep in" I say.

"Okay okay bye" Ash laughs.

I lay back down, and try to relax.

I cant relax.

How could I?

I'm in the same bed as the love of my life and she doesn't even know it. And the sad part is that she would sleep with anyone. She really is totally gone. But thats okay, I can help her get back into the groove of things.

She groans and rolls over. Her eyes flutter open, and focus on me, then they flutter closed.

I don't realize I'm holding my breath until I have a sudden urge for air. I take a deep breath.

The blue diamond eyes shoot open again, and go wide.

Crap. She realized its me.

"T-Tobin?" She scuttles into the wall, only to realize that she's bare. Then she grabs a blanket and holds it around herself.

"Yeah, its me" I smile.

"Wait a second. You were the girl from the bar? The one I slept with?" Her voice is full of sudden anger. I nod.

"Here, put this on" I toss her the clothes she was wearing last night, and she puts them on. I realize that the sweatshirt is mine. I smile lightly. "Is that my sweatshirt Lex?"

She looks at herself.

"This? Yes, it is" She says. Then anger returns into her eyes. "What are you doing here?" She yells.

"Alex, I came looking for you" I say, backing up against the wall as Alex angrily came towards me.

"So you think its okay to deceive me like that and sleep with me? Huh Tobin?" She yells.

"If you were going to sleep with someone, it should have been me" I smile.

Her anger is still evident, and she came at me.

"You liar! You sneak!" She yells, and she clearly is losing her voice.

Her hand is raised to strike, and I dodge it, just barely.

"I cant believe you! How could you?" She screams in my face. She raises her other hand, but I grab it before she could do any damage.

She yells in anger. We battle for dominance, and I come out victorious, and pin her against the wall.

"I don't know why you're mad. I should be mad" I raise my voice. Theres a knock at the door.

"I cant believe it! After the letter you still went after me after I told you not to! I trusted you!" She yells.

I have her arms against the wall, and now she cant do anything. I stare at her, and realize how much I miss her beautiful blue diamond eyes, and her nice smile, even though her angry glare is present.

"I love you" I smile, and kiss her. She tries to resist, but it doesn't work. I have her locked.  

The door opens, and Ash walks in.

I break the kiss.

"Well this isn't what I was expecting" Ash laughs.

"Is that your new girlfriend Tobin?" Alex asks harshly. I laugh.

"You wish" I grin.

"I'm Tobin's friend Ash" Ash smiles. "I take it you're Alex"

"Yeah. I am" Alex is still angry at me.

"Why are you angry at me?" I ask.

"Because I'm trying to keep you safe from me and you keep coming back!" Alex yells.

"I can't just let you walk out of my life the same way you walked in!" My voice level reaches hers.

"This is what I was expecting" I hear Ash mumble.

"I am trying to do you a favor!" Alex yells.

"Well thats a shitty favor to kill someone inside!" I yell at her.

"You don't understand! I have caused you so much pain! I want you to be happy!"

"Im not happy unless I'm with you!" I yell. "And I cant be happy if youre out at bars getting wasted and leaving me searching the whole damn state for you!"

"So you should have stopped looking!" She screams.

"No! I was going to march through Hell and back looking for you, and it was just my luck to find you in that bar!" I yell.

Alex shoves me off and is about to hit me, I raise my hands to protect myself but I notice a flash of golden hair and then see Ash's arms wrapped around Alex, pinning her arms to her side and making her not able to move.

"Thanks" I mumble, getting to my feet. "I didn't know that you would ever try to hurt me Alex"

"I was trying to scare you. I would have never went through with the blow. I wouldn't want to hurt you anymore" Alex whispers.

"I want you back. I want you to be happy with me. I want you" I say.

"But look at everything I did to you" Alex groans.

"Come home Alex. I'm not mad. Please. Come home to me. We can start over" I say.

Alex starts to cry and Ash let's her go.

I open my arms up for her, and she gladly runs into them. I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Let's go home" I say.

Alex nods.

"Thanks for your help Ash. Do you want to come over to our college dorm?" I ask.

"Nah" She laughs. "I've got my shop to keep track of. What college do you go to?" She asks.

"NC State" I smile.

"I went to Duke" She smiles. "Anyway, have fun with your reunion" Ash winks to me then leaves us.

"Come on Lex. Time to call off the wild goose chase and tell everyone you're not missing anymore" I smile, kissing her forehead.

"Just take me home Tobs" She cries.

A/N
So Alex is happy, Tobin is happy. At least for now. I mean, who knows what other kind of junk is going to take place in the future? Anyway, leave comments below about how you liked/disliked this chapter. So yeah. Bye now.
-Kennedy