{Chapter 50}

I roll my eyes as I slip off my shirt to change into some clothes to help Coach with the Gymnastic's try-outs. She say's it's mostly for the other grades but she really wants us, the cheerleaders, to be around to help her and get the lessons down and then 'teach' the other girls.

"This sucks, how come Lynn doesn't get to be here." I pout, thrusting out my lower lip as I put on a pair of black Adidas spandex shorts. I put on a black long-sleeve crop top that has the Adidas sign in the middle and I sit down on the bench slipping on my all black converse. "I don't want to be here!"

"Well, Lynn doesn't do anything during cheerleader practice and we didn't want her to scare off the others so she decided to stay home." Shauna says and I hear Jazz muttering how lucky she is.

"Oh come on guys! It'll be fun! Even the boys are going to be here." Christina says as we pack our stuff away, I stop dead in my tracks and stare at her dumbfounded. "They have practice but most likely they will finish before us so they will probably come in." I groan loudly and Marlene laughs. I open the door and go into the gym where I see mats scattered out around the gym, and a few tables pushed together with chairs behind them, enough for all of us.

"Now we have to wait for the others, great." I mutter and all of a sudden Christina is on my back and she pulls my hair making me shriek.

"Onwards my noble steed!" She shouts pointing towards the back of the wall where the exit is to the football field. I start running and all of a sudden I slip on a mat and it looks like I'm doing the salsa trying not to fall. Finally. . . I fall and Christina and I burst into laughter.

"I-I-I-" I can't even get out words because I am laughing so hard. Christina literally tears forming in her eyes.

Christina gets up eventually but I just lay there staring up at the ceiling. Before I can sit up I am over someone's shoulder and they are running around the gym making me grunt everyone the person runs.

"Put." I grunt, "Me." I grunt again, "Down." I grunt a final time and then finally the person puts me down. I sigh and rub my stomach.

"Coach wanted me to get you." Uriah says as I pull down my shorts and flick him off. I turn around to see all of the girls sitting down, along with the people trying out. I purse my lips and hold up the peace sign like I'm taking a selfie and I have a seat.

While the boys get their stuff Coach starts to introduce herself just in case some of the girls don't know her. All of a sudden Zeke comes and sits beside Shauna and places his folded hands in his lap.

"I'm trying out Coach," He says and a few girls laugh; all of the 11th, 10th, and 9th graders whilst all of the other girls, including myself stare at him like he's Adolf Hitler. "Ain't that right Shauna?" He places his arm over Shauna's shoulder and she playfully glares at him. Right now all of the boys on the football team is laughing really hard.

"Is there a problem?" Coach Max says walking over to our side of the gym and Coach nods her head at him and the points to Zeke. Max shakes his head and grabs Zeke by the ear dragging him off of the bleachers.

+++

"Back walkover then go directly into a split stupid." I say in a playfully stern voice to Marlene thrusting my hand towards her and she laughs.

"Okay, bruh." She slaps my hand and I start to laugh. Right after we asked the girls trying out for the gymnastics team what they knew and to show us, we gave them a routine to follow and those who could follow we told to them to sit out. Those who couldn't and didn't have any gymnastic experience were told to leave; that's harsh but life is harsh.

So we got the team; which is five girls. Zoë, Clara, Imari, Cleo, and Joy. They are the best out of all ten girls trying out. Now, they are gone and we are practicing for the big game tomorrow. It seems like my guts are about fall out just thinking about it.

"Ladies, go through it one more time!" Coach yells and we all groan while Olivia picks her cuticles with a scowl on her face.

"We've already went through it five times. It's Megan that always ends up on the wrong foot and keeps shouting the wrong words." Olivia says and everyone seems to come at her neck but everyone gets quiet when I clear my throat.

"Fall back." I say harshly pointing my two fingers at her and I hear a few snickers. "Because you sucked when you first tried out, and still suck-"

"That's enough ladies!" Coach shouts clapping her hands and I roll my eyes. We get into position again, go through the routine and then go change.