{Chapter 39}

[Four's Point of View. . .still.]

Mrs. Prior says that she has to stop by Target to get a few things and then we are going back to the house and wait for Mr. Prior to come home then we are going to leave.

So far this ride to target is the best ride to Target I've ever had. I'm sitting right behind Mrs. Prior which gives me a great view of Tris. . . to see her make a fool of herself of course.

I'm afraid to admit that she is actually funny. Hilarious in fact. She actually makes me laugh and some people don't, most people don't.

"Am I the only one is extremely hype?" Uriah says bouncing in his seat beside me.

Yes, I am extremely excited but I am not bouncing in my seat acting like a bit-

"No!" Everyone says and starts giving their two cents on how excited they are to go to the big apple as Who Gone Stop Me plays in the background. The only thing that I really am not looking forward to is that damn plane ride, curse you Marcus for giving me that damn fear. Everything is his fault just like my mother's death.

All of a sudden my phone sounds along with everyone else in the backseat. I expect it to be a text from Olivia giving me a full paragraph on how she misses me already and how school is boring or don't talk to that Tris or whatever. But instead I see that is a text from Tris.

"Huh?" Lynn wonders out loud as we all look to our phones.

Watch Mom get mad 😈- Tris

I see Caleb groan and place his palms over his face like he knows what she is about to do.

[Tris Point of View]

I change the song that was playing to one of the songs that Mom hates for me to play because of the 'bad content'. I played this song since I first heard it from my Mother's younger sister play it, Maria; Gasolina by Daddy Yankee. It is in Spanish but since my family all fluently speak it we all know the words but the word 'Gasolina' means Gasoline in English but it is used in Puerto Rican slang which means 'Skeet' if you don't know what skeet is then look it up in Urban Dictionary.

In the beginning Mom doesn't seem to pay attention to it which makes me turn to Caleb and he widens his eyes at me almost asking me if I want to die. Everyone else just looks confused except Zeke and Uriah who are dancing to the reggaetone beat.

Then the chorus comes in and Mom goes off.

A ella le gusta la gasolina (dame mas gasolina)

Como le encanta la gasolina (dame mas gasolina)

A ella le gusta la gasolina (dame mas gasolina)

Como le encanta la gasolina (dame mas gasolina)

M-

Before the next verse comes on Mom clicks the power button on the radio system making it to stop playing and even though I have the Aux cord up to my phone it still turns off the sound.

"I don't get it" Marlene says confused and Caleb leans over and whispers what the content of the song means while Mom curses me out in Spanish, she threatened me so many times that I can't even count on both of my hands.

"Okay! I'm sorry." I say with a chuckle as everyone tries to contain their laughter and what I am assuming- looking up the English version on google-. Mom turns into the parking lot of Target and finds a parking space that isn't far but isn't close either.

"You guys can stay in the car if you want, I just need to pick up some lotion and a few things for the plane ride." Mom says stepping out of the car as I unbuckle my seat belt.

"I need to go because I need some more mascara." Christina says as I hear a seat belt being unbuckled.

"I need some candy." I hear Uriah say unbuckling his seat belt too.

"Why don't we all just go." Four says sounding annoyed, but then again when is he not?

"That makes sense." Caleb says opening his door as I open mine and we all get out of the car and start catching up with Mom.

+++

"I need to go change!" I shout as I run in the house throwing my bag of goodies on the couch.

"Why do you need to change?" Will questions as I star untying my shoe laces.

"Because I need lazier clothes!" I say running up the steps to my bedroom.

I look through my drawers and find a regular black T-shirt with a pair of denim joggers that have rips on them and a new pair of socks. I quickly undress and put the comfortable clothes on. I go through my closet and find my pair of black Timberlands with gold chains on them. I grab my tan cross-body bag and put my red circle shades in there. I got to the bathroom and take my messy bun out of my hair and brush my hair down.

I look through my closet again and I slip on my Polo hoodie and I zip it up all the way. I run into Caleb's room and I grab his snap back and put it on backwards. I feel so much better being in cotton and a nice hat to keep me warm.

I throw my headphones and charger in my bag and grab my luggage and start going down the steps.

"That was fast." Christina comments looking up from her phone as she sits on the couch.

"Is that my hat!" Caleb says jumping up trying to grab it off of me but I go into a back bend and a back walk over purposely kicking him in the stomach and I land on my feet grinning at him.

"You'll live, it's just a hat." I say pointing my finger at him as Mom walks into the room holding two Walmart bags.

"Your father is on the way and then we can leave." She says and we all cheer happily ready to get this show on the road.