Chapter 27

Seeing as it's less than a month until Christmas... Why not? I was in a Christmassy mood! Enjoy.

Clara had a funny feeling on how everyone knew, and it turned out to be very much against John as she insisted on going over to his house before they went home that night. She was more than happy that they only had four days of school left after this before the Christmas holidays, where she would be able to try and at least rest and get herself sorted.

She stormed into the Smith household, running straight upstairs to David's bedroom, John rushing behind her as he tried to figure out what on Earth his brother would have to do with this.

She opened the door quickly, not even bothering knocking, and walked straight up to David, who had looked up from his bed in surprise.

"Oh hello Clara, I...Ow!" David began as she slapped him harshly across the face. John could hear the sound resonating in his ears from where he was and it made him wince. "What was that for?" David shouted, annoyed at the sudden intrusion.

"You told everyone, didn't you? You told someone at my school that I'm pregnant!" Clara shouted, her hand raising to slap him again as he cowered away.

"No! I didn;t!" David shouted back, trying to defend himself as quickly as possible. "I told no-one except..."

He trailed off his sentence and Clara raised her eyebrows, too angry for sympathy in that moment.

"Who?" She snapped, feeling betrayed by someone who she had trusted. She would make sure Dinah gave him his fair share of shit for this.

"Rose." David admitted. "I mean, she is at University too, so I don't see how she could have..."

He stopped mid-sentence, watching as Clara pulled out her phone. She had never particularly known Rose and she doubted she would intentionally be so horrible to Clara. That didn't stop the fact that she was angry and ready to tear someone's head off. The pain and torment had lead to fury, stopping her from crying but making anyone around her a potential victim of her next attack.

She knew that the best place to look would be Facebook. The whole world was addicted to it and it wouldn't shock her if something was posted on there.

It took her one flash at Rose's profile to see the post. It wasn't anything mean, quite the opposite in fact. But the numerous comments were what caught Clara's eye, including the ones from her old "friends."

I feel so sorry for my boyfriend's little brother. Poor kid got his girlfriend pregnant. I hope they do okay.

She felt angry, but she also felt stupid. Everyone knew Rose was dating David and it wasn't too hard to know John. And then the latest gossip in the school was about John and Clara dating, despite the odds on the food chain.

It would have taken Olivia and Louise five seconds to figure out. Clara turned around, handing her phone to John who read it, letting out a huge sigh of anger.

"David, do you have any idea what you have done?" John shouted, whacking his hand against the door frame to prevent him from hitting his brother as well. His own jaw was still hurting from the hit David had given after Clara had left last Friday and he wasn't looking forward to getting other if he started it.

"I'm sorry, okay!" David shouted, standing up as he suddenly towered the other teens in the room. "What's the worst the could happen?"

Clara snapped her head back around, clenching her jaw as she through a punch at David's chest. She had one hell of a right hook it seemed. "The worst?" Clara shouted, "Everyone fucking knows" Clara emphasised each word with another punch, making David move backwards and fall back on to the bed, his hands in the air in defeat.