Chapter 7

Pearl's POV

I watched as Pale left the room, a wild smile on her face. It made me happy that she was happy.

I looked at the shellphone in my hands and felt it's smooth surface. I placed it to my ear and willed it to call my coral house.

"Hello?" Someone finally answered.

"Pisces? Is that you?" I asked.

"Pearl! I didn't recognize the number! Where are you?"

"Listen...um..." I twiddled the color of my uncomfortable shirt. "I'm human."

There was silence on the other end of the line. "Pearl..." Pisces croaked. "How?"

"I'm not sure. But it's okay, I'm at Pale's house and Pale is here too."

"What about your date...on Saturday?" Pisces asked.

My heart sank. Four days.

"I'll have that all sorted out by then," I replied.

"Pearl, why can't you just stay out of trouble?" Pisces sighed.

"I just can't," I answered.

"Do you want to talk to mom? Are you going to be away from the sea for long? She'll start wondering where you are," Pisces asked.

"Uh...just tell her I'm off with Pale doing royal business. Prince Matthew is making up some excuse, just go along with his."

"Okay Pearl. Just be safe." And she hung up the phone.

I heard a soft knock at Pale's door. I turned around and saw Pale's mother.

"Pale went off," her mom said.

I nodded.

Her mom examined me. "Let's go get you some real clothes. You look about Pale's size right? 1.668 meters?"

I shrugged. "I guess."

Pale's mom went straight to her daughters closet and pulled out five items of clothing.

She handed me three of the smaller ones.

"That black tube thing is a sock. You put in around your feet. Just slip your feet inside of it."

I did as I was told. Instantly, my feet erupted in warmth. It felt so good, I hated the cold wooden floors of Pale's bedroom.

I put on the blue tank top as Pale showed me and slipped on jean shorts.

Everything was uncomfortable, the socks, jeans, underwear, shirt and bra, but I guess I just have to deal with it.

"There," Pale's mom said. "They all fit you perfectly."