He leaves you for his Ex

Please just pretend that Emily is his Ex , for the sake of the story.

-----------------------------------

"So this is it?", you asked him, your lips slightly parted. After three years he was just going to leave you? Without an explenation?

"Yes, I'm sorry Y/N", he answered, avoiding eyecontact.

"Can I at least know who I lost you to?"

"Who? H-How I mean, uhm.. I made the decision because it is for the best not to be with a certain other person", he rambled , clearly lying.

"Thomas, just please be honest with me. Who is the girl that you fell in love with?", you asked again, holding back your tears which threatened to flow down your cheeks.

"It's... it's Emily", he sighed.

"Her?", was all you asked. Your heart felt like it has been ripped apart. Out of all the people in the world it had to be her. When her and Thomas broke up about four years ago he was in pieces. He was broken because of her, she hurt him in a way you didn't thought was humanly possible. When she cheated on him with his best friend, you cleaned up the mess. You helped Thomas to get back up again, him letting go eventually. And finally falling for you.

But out of all the people in the world he left you for her. To say that you felt betrayed would be a complete understatement.

"Thomas, out of all the people in this whole wide world .. you had to chose her?"

"We can't chose who we fall for, Y/N", he simply responded, gathering his last things out of your once shared flat, using the same words he once said to you.

"I'm sorry Y/N"

"Save it Thomas. Just please don't come back when she rips your heart out of your chest again." And with that final sentence Thomas left your flat, left all your dreams and wishes for a future behind like it never meant anything to him.