He leaves you at the altar (Pt. 6)

Disclaimer: mentioning of throwing up

Thomas stared at you wide-eyed. Of course he had known that you were his ex-fiancée although you never officially had broken things off but it was obvious. Yet, it still hurt him, hearing the words coming out of your mouth tore his heart into pieces. Over and over and over again. And although he had been the one to leave you, being without you had fucked up his heart so badly as the alcohol did his liver.

Alcohol poisoning. The third that month, at least that's what the doctor told you. And maybe you would've left already if it hadn't been for the fact that Thomas laid pale-skinned with glassy eyes in a hospital bed, throwing up about every two hours.

He had barely said a word to you. And deep down you knew that it was because he didn't know what to say. Because what do you say to someone whose heart you broke into such small pieces that some of them probably even got lost along the way? What do you say to the girl you left at the altar, her white dress flowing down her body as the tears did down her cheeks? What do you say to the girl who you promised to have children and grow old with?

But you hadn't spoken either. What do you say to the man who you have loved so much and hurt you even more? What do you say to the man who has cheated on you, left you, betrayed you? What do you say to that man when you still love him?

---------------------------------------------

I'm sorry. I am truly and deeply sorry for not posting and letting you all down. I completely understand if you have stopped reading this book. But let me explain why: 3 weeks ago I've started an exchange year in Spain all by myself, without any friends or family members. I haven't seen my friends nor for family for these weeks, not even per Facetime. I know that to most of you that sounds pretty harmless but I can barely speak any Spanish, so school and talking to the hostfamily is exhausting. Besides that I won't see my family or friends for another 10 months which sometimes causes me to get homesick as well. As you can probably understand now I didn't have much time to do anything besides trying to fit in.

Yet I recently discovered that this book has almost 7k reads and I can't tell you how incredibly grateful I am. Thank you all so so much, this means the world to me. It really does.

I'll try to update more, maybe even have a schedule on updates but I don't know if I'll make it.