Homesick

HOLY SCHNITZEL THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 8K+ READS. I literally can't describe the feeling when I saw this. I'm so incredibly thankful for all the people that take the time to read these stories.

Also, special thank you to: KaiaAndy, LukeIsMePenguin and MichelleDiaz144 for having read all of my stories and even voted for them.

---------------------------

"...And if you're homesick, give me your hand and I'll hold it."

The Birdy song blasted through your headphones over and over again. You didn't miss the house where yoyu used to live in or the garden in front of it. You didn't miss the city or your favorite restaurant. You missed Thomas. Because sometimes home isn't a place or a house or an apartment. Sometimes home is a combination of sounds and smells and mostly... people. Home are people are home.

And maybe you had to get away from your home, Thomas, to actually realise how much you want to feel at home and feel at home with him. How much you miss him and how much you just want for him to be here with you.

By the time the song had ended for the 21st time, the doorbell rang. When you opened it, the mailman stood in front of you, holding a bouquet of Paradise Bird Flowers.

"Miss Y/L/N?", he asked.
"That's me", you confirmed as you signed the paper that you'd gotten the flowers.
"Have a nice day", the man said with a smile and left.

Stuck in the middle of the flowers was a little black paper and with white ink was written "Homesick for arms that can't hold me. - Love, T"

------------

So. I know this sucks. And I know I told you I would update on Tuesday and Thursday but I simply didn't feel like it this week. There's no need to make up excused, I just didn't find the inspiration, nor time, nor the want to do it. I've been feeling a bit under the weather these past few days, partly because of my health, partly because I'm homesick. Yes, I'm homesick and I've been here for only 1 month. 9 months to go. And the thought about me being here for another 9 months without seeing my family makes me horribly sad and anxious. But I know that I can do this, someway, somehow. Please be patient with me as you always had to be. I'm sorry.

Much love, H.