Break-up, Part 4

Entering Jack's was like walking straight into hell. 

Well actually, it was more of a drug hell than anything else. Beer cans stacked up on the table, because the owner and only employee, Jack, didn't have the time or energy to put them away within a reasonable amount of time. It stunk of liquor and cigarettes, the tables looked greasy. In the middle of the bar were two stripper poles that hadn't been used eversince Jack's wife had died a few months ago. 

In the middle of this mess was Thomas, blending into the picture perfectly. His hair looked gross and his face was unshaven. I had no idea how many cans of beer were laying in front of him, all I knew was that there were at least 7 too many of them. 

Somehow it felt wrong to approach him. He looked as though he wanted to be alone, like he was too stuck in his own head to even articulate his thoughts properly, as if the alcohol had brought out the worst of him. Thomas had never been a guy to lash out when drunk although he had in fact gotten into quite some trouble because of liquor when he was younger. Whenever he got drunk around me he seemed to be drowning in himself instead; like a ship sinking in the ocean. Once he got to that state it was almost impossible to get him out of it and snapping him out of it would result in arguments and him shutting down even more. 

I had almost made up my mind to turn around and just leave again when suddenly his head snapped into my direction, his bloodshot eyes staring into mine. 

"Y/N." 

-------------------------------------------------

Wassup guys, happy new year! Can't believe it's 2020 already! 

Wish you all the best 

xoxo, 
-H