#StopPromotingDomesticViolence

As a matter of fact:

No victim is to blame for any occurrence of domestic abuse or violence

-Domestic violence and abuse can happen to anyone, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, income, or other factors

-More than 3 million children witness domestic violence in their homes every year

-Men are victims of nearly 3 million physical assaults in the USA

-1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence during her lifetime

-Women ages 18 to 34 are at greatest risk of becoming victims of domestic violence

-More than 4 million women experience physical assault and rape by their partners

-In 2 out of 3 female homicide cases, females are killed by a family member or intimate Partner

And I'm mad.

As somebody who posts stories on Social Media I am completely aware of the influence I have on people. People unconciously get influenced by everything they witness in life. By what others do, by what others say or in this case; what others write.

I am mad because there are too many people who don't understand how much they really influent others. You may think 'I'm not influented by anything I read' but let me tell you something: you are wrong.

On Wattpad there are more than enough stories that have the element of Domestic Violence in them. And in over 70 percent of the stories the abuser is either forgiven immediately or within the next few chapters. In more than enough stories the victim even begs the abuser to forgive them. And this. is. wrong.

Domestic Violence and its influence on Mental Health: 

-Domestic violence victims face high rates of depression, sleep disturbances, anxiety, flashbacks, and other emotional distress.

-Domestic violence contributes to poor health for many survivors including chronic conditions such as heart disease or gastrointestinal disorders

-Most women brought to emergency rooms due to domestic violence were socially isolated and had few social and financial resources

So as you see there is absolutely nothing romantic about being abused whether its mentally or physically nor is the begging for forgiveness by the abuser or the victim romantic. And people on Social Media, including Wattpad users, need to stop treating it like it is.

Please don't write preferences/stories where the user or a character 'gets hit' and forgives.
Please don't write how they think its romantic that the one who hit them wants them back.
Please don't write how they accept the involvement of alcohol as an excuse.
Please stop promoting the acceptence of Domestic Violence on your Social Media.

Victims of Domestic Violence need to hear that they have to stop to forgive. There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.
To everybody who was, is or will be mentally or physically abused:

Leave. You are more.
You are more than somebody who hits you.
You are worth more than being abused by someone.
So I beg you; leave. Leave them and get professional help because processing such things can't be faced alone or with non-professionals.

http://www.safehorizon.org/  All  the facts are from this Website. If you feel like somebody you know gets abused or you get abused yourself: Please get help.