WEDDINGS

Mein tumhare bacche ki maa ban-ne wali hun.
*cue - jaws dropping down, dramatic gasps followed by echoes of KYA KYA KYA*
SHAADI KARVAO ISKI!
XD

Dun dun dun! I'm going to be ranting about an intresting topic today ;) weddings :')

For those of you who had skipped about the 'TAM' part let me remind you again that I'm a Punjabi girl residing in South India so I have seen and experienced both the sides of this country and I tell you There's so much difference!

That's what I love the most about India; our culture and diversity is what defines our uniqueness.

Anywhales so I have been to a few South Indian and a few North Indian weddings...
South Indian weddings are so silent and serene while the North Indian weddings are loud.

How many weddings have you baby orange potatoes been to? What was your embarrassing/ funny experience?

I have noticed a few things about weddings, people come mostly for the food or for the people *wiggles eyebrows*

There's always this unique aunty who stands out from everyone and is the star of the wedding ceremony that would make people forget about the couple on stage while there is always this uncle who is the star jester for the day with his silly stories and jokes xD

Just this weekend I was at a pre - wedding party and I was thinking of ways to blend into the wall instead of socialising. I mean what am I going to talk to those random strangers that I have never met in my life? Chances are I'm never going to meet them again.

I saw a chocolate fountain so I was happily skipping there but then I saw someone I knew so what do you think I did?
Of course you're right :'D I ran away as fast as I could.

While running away I was shoved to the dance floor by some random aunty who asked me too shake my booty ._.

I really suck at dancing but everyone were jumping up and down like crazy bunnies so I awkwardly stood there trying to move my hands up asked and down but I manage to step on some radnom strangers foot.

"Hey Akanksha! Wow finally I met someone I know. Come on let's get out of here" the babe who I was trying to escape from found me. She kidnapped me to a section near the snacks counter and it would have been rude to leave her so I sat next to her.

"You know I was so excited for this wedding, these ballets are so cheap only 3,000 bucks. The cloth of my lehenga is from Rajasthan..." bleh bleh bleh I passed out while listening to her so called economical expenses.

A delicious aroma made my nostrils to flare up so I just got up and shoved whatever the waiter was having in the plate.

Umm tofu never felt so good... I thought while chewing the foreign food.

"Akanksha it though you were a vegetarian..."
Me eyes widened in disbelief and I look at the waiter boys face who turned the placard that read chicken pops.
I dashed from the place as fast as my feet could carry to the restroom. LOL xD

Anywhales things went on quite dramatically and the wedding was a success.

Why is there always that one person who tries to hook you up with someone during weddings?

A few months ago I was asked to look after my cousins and this aunty gives me a creepy kind of smile that made me shiver.
"You are looking after children so that means you are ready to get married and settle down. That's so nice of you" the lady rambled on while I choked on my drink.