3

I woke up early to train. As I got ready, I thought that how was I going to get Iron now. Of course! I can practice to detect Iron underground.

I put on a black tight pant that reached above my ankles and new ninja shoes. Then I put on a sea green top that had long sleeves but a big neck. Gray and Sea green are my favorite colors. I left my long gray hair to fall on my shoulders.

So I went off after having breakfast. Now I forgot to tell you that my secret place is a small ground near the sand village which is covered with trees.

It has a nice beautiful waterfall nearby and looks completely different and unlike Sunagakure, It doesn't have sand.

It's like an unusual part. I love that place. I wonder why no one found it yet.

As I reached my place I started to workout. I took out some shurikens and threw them at my target.

This is how my training started.

While training and completely failing to hit the red spot in the middle with my shuriken I thought about what the Kazekage was talking to that man about.

I started sweating so I tied my hair into a high ponytail with my bangs falling on my face.

They must've talked about my punishment. I don't get it. Why is he even the Kazekage if he thinks I deserve a punishment at such a petty thing?

And so I shut off my mind and focused back on training.

The academy's first day is going to start today and I have a few minutes to get there. As I start running back to the academy I noticed that someone was following me but ignored it.

***

After a long day at the academy, I was walking through the streets of Sunagakure. I noticed that the red haired kid I found crying earlier was in my class and his name was Gaara.

This got me more curious. Who was this kid? Why was he crying? Why is he lonely? Why does he have bags under his eyes? There were so many questions about him popping in my head.

Stop Rei! Stop thinking about him! What's wrong with you, you never pay this much attention to others! I thought to myself.

I took out my rice ball and started eating it. I looked around and saw everyone talking and chatting happily. Kids running after their pets. Parents smiling at their children. Shop keepers selling things and chatting with their customers. The town was filled with an aura of happiness.

Why was everyone so happy all the time? Don't they get tired of smiling? But deep down I knew I was sad to see them this happy with their families and friends. Deep down I knew I was lonely and had no one. Deep down I knew I wanted to be happy and like one of them playing with my brothers and smiling at my parents. Deep down I knew I was sad.

I ran away from there. I ran and ran as fast as I could. I ran till I got to the playground.

And again I saw all the children playing with their friends and new classmates. They looked at me as I entered and stopped what they were doing. I went to a corner while all of them were staring at me and sat down.

The moment I sat down they started playing again like nothing ever happened. This was because everyone was scared of me. They respected me but never came near me. I liked it that way, now that I'm used to it.

I looked at the swing beside me and resisted the urge to turn the iron into Iron filings. But I wanted to play with something so I repeated the hand signs from yesterday and some of the Iron scattered into tiny black pieces.

Thank god! No one noticed but little did I know that a certain redhead was staring at me.

I willed the iron to turn into normal marbles. It actually worked and my eyes shined with excitement as I stared at my creation.

Just as I was busy playing with the iron marbles (which were quiet heavy mind you) I saw a glimpse of a redhead.

Someone walked beside me and coughed to get my attention but I was too focused to see who it was.

They coughed again and I finally looked up to see Gaara. The one from my class. The one I saw crying earlier.

"umm .... Hello?" I asked unsure of what to say.

He seemed surprised. The shock was written all over his sky blue eyes.

"Why aren't you running away from me?" He asked. His voice was childish just like a kids but it was a bit low, which means he was scared to talk to me.

This kid was really confusing. I scanned him top to bottom and looked at him bewildered.

"I don't know. Am I supposed to?" I said still confused by his question.

He chuckled lowly. He chuckled! That kid looks like he hasn't laughed in years and it feels weird.

"Look! The demon is talking to Rei ... why isn't she running away? Is she crazy?" I heard some boys whisper.

I looked at them and gave them a deadly glare. They backed away.

" Well, That answers my question. Everyone is scared of you although I don't know why but still nice to meet you!" I said happily trying to sound nice. I reached out my hand for him to shake.

He looked impressed.

He stared at my hand like it was going to kill him but slowly a small smile spread across his face. He shaked it.

His hand felt cold and smooth. I invited him to sit down. I wasn't very good at interacting with other people so it felt weird.

"Where did you get those marbles?" He asked breaking the silence.

That's when I remembered that he was the Kazekage's kid and realized that he could tell that to him and decided to not trust him.

I just met the kid and he looks very mysterious so why risk telling him.

"I found them" I simply answered.

He stared at me with those immense blue eyes and I became nervous.

I saw him clutch his teddy bear tightly and then he said "I saw you doing those hand signs and turning the iron into marbles"

My eyes widened and I blushed. I turned around and resumed playing with the marbles completely ignoring him.

He sighed, got up and walked away.