9

A/N: So I just realized that the Kazekage died when suna attacked konoha on Orochimarus command! I edited the last part of chapter 7. So now the Kazekage is dead!

I sat on my writing desk as I stared at the disturbing view of sand flying everywhere. A heavy sandstorm was occurring in sunagakure and I was stuck in my home with my thoughts.

Just yesterday all that surprising shit happened with Gaara but I was really happy.

I never thought Gaara would apologize to me. I considered him as a friend from the beginning even though we had small amounts of talk and contact. I just found him so much like me and he made me believe that there were more people in the world suffering even more than me. He was a comrade aside from this all because he is a fellow villager even if no one acknowledges him, I do.

No matter how much he scared me and made me change my mind about him ... I knew deep down he was in search of someone and was lonely. He just took a different path from me and decided to kill people so he can feel better.

Me? I just ignore people like people ignore me. I don't need people in my life and I have comrades ... at least. I feel better by writing and reading.

I might not have mentioned that before but I like to read to escape my depressing thoughts and this chaotic world. It helps me see that there are different ways to be happy and I don't need to lose hope to accomplish anything.

I work hard and I'm still going to work hard till I become the best.

Right! Back to Gaara. I wonder how he changed his mind or even how the thought of apologizing to me even crossed his mind.

Never in a million years did I think I would see Gaara acting this way. He was always so emotionless and the only emotion I ever got from him was hatred and anger. Even though his ocean blue eyes hold a lot of emotions which can easily be read.

I was never close to people but I liked to stare and study them. Due to having no one I stared at a lot of strangers and learned to read emotions. Especially by their eyes.

The tiny pieces of sand slapped on the window and fell down. The sandstorm was growing and getting worse. I sighed and closed my eyes. I really hate sand.

I wish I could be in my secret place right now. The tiny rain drops slightly falling on top of me while I'm drenched in sweat by trying to climb a tree with my chakra.

I imagined this and the corners of my mouth turned up making me smile a little.

***

I walked the corridors of the kage mansion looking at my surroundings. It was a long round corridor and the walls were painted red.

I hadn't done anything wrong this time. Why would he call me?

Now that the kazekage was dead, some man was in charge of suna.

I considered knocking on the door but barged in anyway. The head looked at me angrily but then calmed down when he saw it was me. Maybe he was used to me making trouble all the time and having no respect.

Even though I wasn't a loud person and really dark and quiet, I liked to make a mess or trouble since I was a baby. It's just in my nature.

"Hello rei! I have some news for you."

I hope it wasn't bad news! Well, what could be bad? I raised an eyebrow.

"Congratulations. You have become a chuunin." He said in his normal boring tone.

"oka- what?"

Yoohoo! I get surprises every day. My eyes widened. Apparently again :P

"You can leave now" He said, almost wanting to get rid of me.

I, still in surprise didn't care whether he was rude to me or not just went out the door.

Just as I closed the door a large grin spread on my face.

This has never happened before. I'm always so emotionless. But this, this is something to be happy for!

I was so happy ... I'm one step closer to becoming the best!

As I started to walk back happily someone stopped me.

I turned around confused but then saw Gaara and my smile grew even bigger. Now I had someone to share my thoughts with.

"Why are you so happy? I've never seen this face before!" He says with his unemotional face.

"You seem like you don't like this face!" I say still smiling.

"No, no it's great!" He says raising his hand in surrender.

I giggle.

How can this be the same Gaara that I saw as a monster a few days ago. Ofcourse I still don't fully trust him but it's nice to see a reaction from him. This is how friends should act and I really like this part of him.

His hands drop and look at me worriedly and I snap out of my thoughts noticing that I was frowning. I smile again and finally tell him.

"I just became a chuunin!" I squealed.

Gaara smiled a little but it quickly faltered when he looked around. Maybe he doesn't like people seeing him smile.

He reached out his hand for me to shake and I shook it immediately. Feeling something in the touch but shrugged it off.

"Congratulations!" He said.

"Thank you! Do you want to hang out in the park?" He seemed amazed and then nodded his head slight and folds his arms just like the usual.

This seemed strange and new to me and I could sense it in him too.

I think I'll get over it. I just want to know why he apologized to me anyway so maybe we can talk about it.

I reached in my pocket and put my headband around my waist like the usual in case we were sent to a mission.

***

"Hey Gaara! Can you please tell me the reason you thought to apologize to me?" I begged him.

We were sitting on the swings in the park and stared at the bright blue sky. I was looking at the clouds and guessing what they looked like.

I used to do this with my parents when I was really young enjoying the nature.

He looked at me with an annoyed face and huffed.

"It's a very long story but do you remember that blonde, tanned kid with whiskers in the chuunin exams?"

"yeah, the one you were fighting with?" He nodded.

"Let's just say that he taught me a lesson and I realized what I had been doing until now. He made me realize that I was taking the wrong path. I just had to apologize to giving you the silent treatments and evil glares all this time. I know I was wrong. I'm sorry!" His eyes were showing regret.

"Hey, It's okay. We're friends now aren't we? I'm happy that you've changed" It was just so nice what he had just said and I am really happy that someone was able to explain to him and made him realize other than me. I just didn't have the courage and that kid did it for me. I'll have to thank him later.

He stayed quiet.

The thought of the Kazekage dying crossed my mind.

"Gaara ... I'm sorry for your father"

He huffed "Huh! Like I cared about him"

I didn't know his history but this proved one of my theories right!

That eye I saw 7 years ago when the Gaara incident happened ... It was the Kazekage's eye.

A/N: Heyyy! Quick update ... no comments? Well that's just rude! Please gimme some votes!

If there are mistakes please inform me!

Arigato!