20

Making my way through the crowd of chattering people I catch sight of a few girls whispering and giggling to each other. When I hear the word 'Kazekage' and 'cute' come out of their mouths, I march my way towards them trying to hear what they are saying.

Of course it doesn't really matter to me but I want to hear them just out of curiosity. Who am I kidding? I may be a bit ... jealous!

Gaara doesn't belong to me but I am going out on a date with him tonight!

"I know right? He's soooo hot!" a black haired girl giggles. "I'm sure he will accept me and go out on a date!"

I smirk, Hell he will! Look at your ugly face first!

Wait! Why am I even thinking this?

"Why would he? You're no one special!" A familiar brunette says. I narrow my eyes at her and realize its Matsuri.

"Yeah! And by the way he looks at that gray haired girl, I think he has feelings for her." Another girl says.

"Who is that gray haired girl anyway?" black haired girl asks.

"She's one of the best ninja's we've got in Suna. I heard she has a record of the most S ranked missions" A girl says and I smile, proud of myself.

"She looks like a bitch to me!" Matsuri whispers and my eyes widen. How can she assume something like that when she doesn't even know me.

I consider going there and beat the shit out of her but retain from causing a scene.

"We don't know but if I were you I wouldn't get on her bad side. I've heard she's really scary when she gets angry" I try to hold in my laughter as the black haired girl says this.

"I don't get why you are all scared of her. She's an emotionless bitch who has anger management issues" Matsuri says.

That's it. I can't hold in any longer. I start to laugh like crazy at this. Everyone gives including the girls give me a weird look. The girls eyes widen and Matsuri looks at me in horror when they realize it's me.

I walk over to them and they all back away, terrified.

"You know it's bad to talk about people behind their backs" with that I fist Matsuri straight in the face without even looking at her. Maybe I do have anger management issues.

Meh!

All the girls back away even more and bow down saying "Gomen!" then run away.

I smile proudly, I have a good reputation, after all everybody either respects me or gets punched in the face. I'm so lost in admiring myself that I don't see Matsuri getting up. She kicks me above my hip with full power and I fly back into a pole. My side hurts as I get up, rage bubbling inside me.

"You shouldn't have done that!" I say as I make my way towards her getting ready for a real battle.

Kicking, punching and dodging. This goes on for a few minutes until I get really annoyed and slam my foot straight on her face, making her fall back words. Her lip is bleeding and has a big shoeprint on her face.

My leg is still in the air when someone clears their throat. I look at my side to see an angry Gaara standing there and a crowd all around us.

"Gaara-sama, th-this girl is hitting me for no reason!" Matsuri gets up her voice all sweet and convincing. She has fake tears on her bruised cheeks. I roll my eyes at this and turn to look at him. Matsuri runs and hides behind Gaara as if scared of me.

Gaara's eyes hold anger and disappointment when he glares at me. It's like an angry parent looking at their daughter in disappointment.

"She's lying!" I say as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. My voice is calm and I'm trying not to roll my eyes at her behavior.

"I want you in my office!" He says and then turns into sand. So it was a clone!

I sigh and glare at Matsuri once more before heading towards his office. Why does this feel like I'm in school and got caught for doing something naughty by the head?

Once I reach his office I knock on his door lightly. His deep voice says come in and I enter.

"You don't believe her do you?" I ask as soon as I see his angry glare.

No reply.

"What happened?" He asked completely ignoring my question.

"She was insulting me so I hit her." I say simply not in the mood to tell him the whole story.

"I want the whole story"

"Even if I don't tell you, would you believe me?" I say annoyed.

"If you tell me exactly what happened, I would believe you!" Gaara says.

"Oh so you mean you don't trust me?" I cross my arms.

"I do. You just have to tell me what happened."

"And if I say that it wasn't my fault, would you believe me?" I ask.

He sighs. "Why are you even asking me this. I just want to know what happened."

"Why don't you call your precious student here and ask her what happened?"

"I believe you to tell the truth so I'm asking you!"

"And I told you. She was calling me a bitch so I punched her."

"Is that it?" He asked.

I stared at him bewildered. Was he serious?

"She called me a bitch and said I have anger management issues! Why wouldn't I hit her?!"

"... you do have anger issues" He mumbles to himself but I don't fail to hear him.

"Are you taking her side?" I ask angry.

"When did I say that?"

"You are showing it!" I say furiously, my silver eyes showing nothing but anger.

"Why are we arguing about this? And I am your Kazekage. You cannot shout at me!" He says getting up.

"I will if you're making me angry." I say not even a slightest bit scared.

He grits his teeth.

"Maybe if you're making such a big fuss out of it, I should go ask Matsuri!" He says.

Fury bubbles up inside of me. "Yeah! Maybe you should! And maybe you should even ask her out on a date because you're last one just got cancelled!"

"What?" He says, his eyes widening for once.

"Yes. You heard me, if you trust her so much you should go ask her out!" I scream before going out the door and slamming the door shut.

***

I'm lying on my bed staring at the ceiling. What a day! Gaara and I had our first fight when we aren't even in a relationship and maybe never will.

I sigh and turn on my side, not being able to sleep.

I guess in a world like this, people like me are bound to be happy. We have had sadness all our lives and probably will.

I think I'm being selfish here. I;ve had my own happy moments but they don't last forever. It's true what they say "Hapiness is temporary while sadness lasts forever"