5

Many days passed and I still saw Gaara every day. Things were awkward between us so I never approached him. Right now I just had to focus on training.

Going to the academy was fun. At least now I had something to do instead of roaming around the village and having depressing flashbacks.

I still didn't make any friends but still had small conversations with other kids.

The feeling of someone watching me was always there, no matter if I was at home or in my training area.

Yeah! Now I call it my training area. Unfortunately the Kazekage didn't find out about me stealing again. I guess I should have just trusted Gaara.

The sun was just setting and I was randomly walking around the village when I saw a building. Some people were on top of it. I looked at them closely.

What? That kid looks like Gaara, and why the hell is he looking at the sky, deep in thought?

I looked at the man behind him.

He was wearing a mask and looked like he was about to attack him with a few kunai's.

As I focused on the scene and tried to put the pieces together I saw an eye ball. Yes, an eye ball floating in the air.

Wait, I've seen that eye before. It's a jutsu used by the Kazekage. Was he trying to see what is happening?

I went into the building beside me and ascended the flight of stairs to get to the top. When I was on the roof I peeked out of the door and saw a few barrels sitting in the middle.

It was the perfect spot to hide and see what's going on. I might even have the chance to hear what they are talking about. I made a dash for it and quickly hid behind the big barrels. I peeked out of the small gap between them where I could properly watch the whole scene.

The ninja and Gaara stood on the neighbor building but it looked like Gaara didn't know he was there. I looked around for the eye I saw earlier and it was gone. Maybe it spotted me or something and hid away.

I focused back and suddenly saw the ninja attacking him but failing miserably. Gaara's sand had protected him and then a lot of things happened and I ended up getting closer to see that a guy was lying on the ground with Gaara beside him. I saw Gaara's eyes glistening with tears. He looked like he was crying his eyes out.

His beloved teddy bear was thrown away and Gaara was asking questions to the guy. Who was that guy? Why is Gaara crying? What is Gaara asking him? The questions started popping in my head as usual.

I felt the urge to comfort him but denied it. All I was able to hear was that this guy was telling him that Gaara's mother despised him and she was the one who gave him his name. He was a demon and was meant to be killed and couldn't control the shukaku inside him.

At last I found out that this guy was yashamaru and his uncle. What kind of relative would hurt someone so much? Is he crazy? Gaara must be dying inside.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't see that Yashamaru had died and Gaara was slowly turning into the monster again. His eyes held so much hatred and anger that I was terrified.

Maybe if I'm able to comfort him again then he could avoid turning into the tailed beast. If he turns into that now then all chaos will break loose in this village.

I ran towards him and shouted "Gaara! Calm down!"

He looked flabbergasted and paused his transformation. Was that even possible? He looked at me like I was crazy to come near him.

Gaara's eyes softened when he saw me and he managed to say something without the beast taking over.

I didn't understand him so I went nearer. He said "what- are y-you doing h-here? G-get away b-before I kill you!"

I was taken aback by his words and looked at him closely. His jaw line was pressed tightly, He had veins popping out of his head and his eyes still showed so much anger and sorrow. He was trying to keep himself under control.

"No Gaara! You have to calm down. Don't turn into that beast and destroy the village. You'll just make more people hate you. I know what you are feeling, I have gone through that too but I never stopped-"

I was cut off by him saying "Shut up and go away! I don't want to hurt you! I loathe every human being in the world" suddenly his voice changed "And I will destroy everything." The voice finished then started laughing like it was mad. It wasn't Gaara's and I knew it, He would never laugh like that and neither does he have such a high pitched voice. Maybe it was the beast inside him.

Just as I finished my train of thoughts he started transforming again like he couldn't control himself anymore.

I did what my instinct told me and ran away. I jumped from the building even though I didn't know how to jump but I had to get away.

I hit the ground hard and cut my knee but right now I didn't care if I hurt myself. I just had to get away. I looked back and saw that the building had been destroyed and there was a huge beast standing there. I ran as fast as I could taking out my kunai and quickly turning it to Iron. Yes, I can do that!

The Iron fillings circled around me blocking anything that hit me, Just like Gaara's sand. It blocked the rocks that came from the broken building while I ran ways from there. People were screaming around me and everyone was panicking.

Right now I couldn't help them because my own life is important. I know it's selfish but I'm just a six year old for Kami's sake!

I ran past the gates of the village. I ran and ran until I couldn't hear a sound. The whole village was in chaos and I didn't want to see all the bloodshed. I had had enough for one day. Everything that just happened was horrifying and I just wanted to lay down and sleep.

I had hurt myself in many areas and was breathing heavily when I got to my training area. The waterfall's sound nearby soothed me and I went towards it.

Just thinking about facing Gaara again was terrifying.

His words kept repeating in my head "I loathe every human being in the world, I will destroy everything".

A/N: Hey! So the next chapter they will be grown up. This was just a long prologue to show how they met. The real love story will begin a few chapters later. Hope u r loving it!

I will try to update as much as possible because right now I'm busy preparing for my exams.

Comments please! I want to know how I'm doing. ;) :D

Arigato!