19

***

I clashed my lips to his covering the small gap between us.

He kissed me back delicately, not pulling away. I was surprised by his actions. His lips were soft and warm, not what I expected. A few sparks exchanged between our lips. Slowly his hands went to my waist as mine went to his neck pulling the strands of his hair lightly.

The kiss continued as our lips touched and molded together in sync.

I pulled away before the kiss got any deeper, breathing heavily. My face was flushed as I looked anywhere but him. Our hands were still in place as the silence over took us.

"Rei..." Gaara whispered. I slowly met his beautiful sky blue eyes as I took my hands away from his hair. He stared at me.

Panicking, I blurted out "I'm sorry. I didn't know what to do and you were so close to me and it was just the moment and it's because I like yo-" I was stopped midsentence as he brought me back to yet another incredible, heartwarming kiss.

I kissed back. The moment was so amazing that I couldn't find myself to be able to pull back. This was very out of character for both of us, but nonetheless it was amazing.

This time he pulled away. ".. D-does that mean you like me?" I ask breathless and flushed. I blinked a few times to clear my vision.

Slowly Gaara's mouth tilted upwards into a smile. In this moment I would say, he looked so handsome and breathtaking that I felt he was too good for me. I smiled back.

There was a knock on the door that interrupted us from our moment. We both completely pulled away facing the door. "Come in" Gaara said in his deep, sexy voice. (Yeah, Its sexy!)

The door opened to show a calm Temari in a black suit. "The funeral is held in an hour"

"Okay" I said.

She went back and closed the door slowly, as if noticing she inturrepted us.

"I'll go change" I said slowly pointing to my casual wear. A funeral is held for the death of Granny Chiyo so I had to wear something black. Gaara looked at me for a moment then nodded.

I skipped out of the door grinning like a maniac and getting weird stares from the nurses. I can't believe it!!! Gaara kissed me back! Ohmygod I'm freaking out. I touched my lips still feeling a tingle that his lips were on mine a few minutes ago. I went out of the hospital and went back to my original, calm face trying not to look so happy. It's out of character.

***

The rain patters softly on my long gray hair. Everyone stood quietly facing the grave on which lay the body of our elder Chiyo. Some were holding black umbrellas. The atmosphere was so quiet and gloomy that a tear slipped from my eye. All my life, I've faced a lot of sadness and loneliness. This thought crosses my mind for no reason as I stare at the cloudy sky. The water drips on my face making me shiver, my whole body soaking wet caused by the rain.

I'm wearing a long black dress which I borrowed from Temari. People start to leave and soon almost the whole area is empty. I'm left standing there.

"Hey Rei ... are you okay?" Naruto asks quietly. Still staring at the dark sky, I straighten my head slowly tilting it towards Naruto. "..." a small smile appears on my face.

He awkwardly smiles back, one hand in his pants pocket while the other at the back of his head. "Well, I guess ... I'll see you later" He turns around and get's ready to leave.