15

The night sky shines with bright stars as I lay in my bed looking outside the window. It feels so peaceful yet I'm not sleepy.

Wondering what had happened the other day I turn on my back and stare at the white ceiling above me. Temari is still teasing me about the Gaara thing. I don't know why she pairs me and him. We're just friends, sure! We had a few moments but that doesn't change anything between us.

Gaara was the first friend I ever made. How can such a special bond turn into something like this. Wait! What am I thinking?

I wonder if Gaara thinks the same way about me. I don't even know what I think about him! I'm thinking this because of Temari. Damn her!

Once again I turn on my side and stare at the beautiful dark sky. The moon is highly illuminated, Standing in the middle of the shadowy sky.

I tried to ask Kankuoro what he had said to Gaara that day but he just smiled mischievously at me and said 'I think Gaara can answer that question for you' and went away.

I never knew everything would change if I went away.

I was missing my friends in Konaha, especially Neji and his arrogance. I don't know what made me friends with Neji but it happened. Even though we fight a lot, he's a good friend. Tenten's my other good friend. She's so nice but when she's angry, trust me ... you do not want to face her wrath. I wish I could pair them both.

Neji and Tenten.

They are such a cute couple and I totally know that they have a thing for each other. (A/N: sorry guys! I'm a hardcore Nejiten shipper)

I can't believe this is the same Rei that once was filled with hatred and lonliness. That once thought she lived to avenge her clan. It's not such a big deal to me now because I'm not alone anymore, I have other people for me.

But I'm still determined to become a great if not best kunoichi.

I see a small movement on top of the buildings outside. Slowly, I get up to get a better view of it. The bed covers roll off me as I make my way towards the window. I shiver as the cool wind touches my bare skin.

I was only wearing a tank top and shorts.

Peeking out of the window I see a figure standing with a familiar sand gourd on his back. His hair was red and he looked at the moon with his arms crossed.

Saying he didn't look like an exact replica of the fourth Kazekage would be a lie.

Gaara's sky blue eyes shined with curiosity as he stared at the beautiful moon above. I couldn't take my eyes off the sight. He looked like ... an angel, standing on the roof top with the tiny stars glowing behind him.

Sensing someone watching him he looked towards me as if he knew I would be there staring at him. He looked back directly in my eyes.

I didn't move an inch and kept staring back. It was as if I couldn't take my silver eyes off those beautiful blue ones. His eyes shone with an emotion I couldn't make out. He kept his gaze fixed on me as if we were having a staring contest.

A few minutes later I snapped out of my trance and averted my eyes. To say this was going to be awkward later didn't bother me. I slowly smiled at him and closed my curtains.

It was like the old times.

Sighing, I laid back down on my comfy bed. I didn't want to think about this now.

***

I slide my black leggings till my waist and start setting my hair. Today is the day I have to go for the mission Gaara gave me. The best part is that I'm going back to konaha, Temari is going with me for arranging the chuunin exams.