Chapter Twelve

The next morning when Louis came home, he didn't speak to me or even look in my direction.

“Hello sweetheart. How was your night?” my mother asks Louis sweetly.

“It was fine, Mum.” was his response.

He climbed the stairs to his room – shutting the door loudly. I follow him up the stairs and knock lightly.

“Go away.” his voice was muffled from his pillow.

I open the door despite his pleas to go away.

“I told you to go aw- Lily.” he cuts himself off.

“Hi.” I whisper slyly.

“What do you want?” his voice was bitter causing me to flinch.

“I want to apologize.”

He scoffs and turns away.

“I'm sorry, Lou.” I whisper, tears threating to escape.

His head turns back towards me. He's up and wrapping his arms around me as the first tear fall down my cheek.

“Hey now, shh. Don't cry.” he whispers in my hair.

“I don't hate you,” I sob, “I'm sorry, I said I did. Please, forgive me.”

“I know, I know.”

“I love you, Lou. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

His arms wrap tighter around me, squeezing me to his chest – to reassure he loves and forgives me.

-at school-

The follow day at school, Niall made no movement to try and talk to me. In Biology and Chemistry, he didn't even look in my direction. Harry and Zayn must've told him that I was the one knocking at his door the other night, then ran away. I'm ashamed of myself for being a little girl and running away. I promised myself I wouldn't let another problem get in between Niall and I – but look where we are. We aren't on speaking terms and even looking at each other. Since he was in school today, I decided again that I would confront him on this rumor. I wanted to believe it wasn't true, but I was having doubts – after what I had heard at his flat. When the final bell of the day rang, I went straight to my locker.

“Confronted you're little boy toy yet?” I hear a voice snarl.

Jesse Daniels.

“No, that's where I'm headed right now.” I snarl back.

“Mind if I watch?”

“Over my dead body.”

I slam my locker close and walk off in the other direction.

“Have fun getting your heart broken!” Jesse yells.

I flip him the finger again.

I walk straight to the bleachers – ignoring everyone's stares. Niall's face lite up when he first saw me – but changed when he saw my eyes.

“Hello, love.” he greeted me with a kiss on the cheek.

“Are the rumors true?” I ask cold-heartedly.

“What rumors?”

“Don't play dumb with me, Horan. The rumors about you cheating on me.”

“W-what? How can you believe such a thing? After what I just confessed to you?”

I opened my mouth the speak again, but a voice cuts me off.

“Nialler!” a voice calls – the same voice from behind the door.