Chapter Ten

May

It was now May - six weeks after the little incident with Niall. Like Zayn had said, Niall had no recollection of what had happened. Zayn said he came home drunk and passed out right on the couch - not before trying to hurt him. The indentations of finger prints were still clear on my wrist. The cast must've prevented them from fading - or that Niall's grip was too strong. Whenever I recall the look in his eyes or the tightness of his hand, I shiver. I feel that he can tell something is wrong - I don't kiss his lips like I use too. It's not that I don't want too - I do so bad - but I'm afraid of him now. I lay in bed wearing Niall's shirt, gathering my thoughts together. I knew for a fact that I was too in love with Niall Horan to let him go. I also knew that he was no good for me but - I wanted him. I wanted him so much. I can't be afraid of him - he's my protector. I know he didn't mean to do what he did - he has temper and anger issues. I realize after all my thinking - I don't want to live without him.

I quickly text him, "I miss you x come to my house and climb up the balcony, I left the latter. I need you Niall, I want you."

I feel my eyes start to drift close but I fight to stay awake. I don't fight the tears that follow. After two hours of waiting for him to at least answer, I let my eyes close and cry myself to sleep.

Niall's P.O.V

"Damn it." I think to myself when I realize I've received a text from Lily - two hours ago. She missed me and wanted me to come to her house. It was now midnight and she texted me at ten - she's most likely asleep now. I grab my keys and try to leave the flat quietly.

"Where do you think you're going?" a voice makes me jump.

"My girlfriend's." I say back.

"At midnight?" the voice ponders.

"She texted me two hours ago to come over. Get off my case, alright?" I snap and leave.

Why won't she ever get off my back? The door opens up behind me.

"Don't forget your phone." she whispers with a smile.

"Thank you." I whisper back and kiss her cheek.

-At Tomlinson's house-

Niall's P.O.V

I quietly climb up her balcony window. Her window-door was open to let in a breeze. I push it open more and step inside. She's curled under the covers wearing my shirt. Her cheeks were tear-streaked as she clutched her phone tightly to her chest - our messages still opened. I trail my eyes along her slender hands and come across something on her wrist. My eyes freeze as they stay locked on her wrist. I look closer and the outline of five finger prints were clear visible. I touch them lightly and I watch her flinch. The contact of my skin on her skin makes her flinch? My thoughts float back to a night about six weeks ago. The anger I felt was intense - so intense that I grabbed my girlfriend's wrist. I watch the whole incident play in the back of my mind. When it was over I wanted to scream and punch myself repeatedly. I can't believe I let myself get so angry that I hurt Lily. I would never hurt her, I'm suppose to protect her. Her body shivers as a gust of wind blows into the room. I want so badly to touch her - to take away the pain I've caused her. I want so badly to see her give herself to me again - but this time in the moonlight. I want her so badly but I don't want to wake her. I let her sleep and make my way back to the balcony. I sigh and ready myself to start to climb down.

"Niall?" a voice cracks above a whisper making me almost fall off the edge.

"Lily?" I answer.

"What are you doing here?" her voice sounded angry but relieved.