Chapter Five

I felt a pair of lips trail their way around my jawbone and neck. I groan quietly waking up from my slumber.

“Good morning.” a voice chuckles softly. I yawn and stretch my cramped muscles.

“Morning.” I mumble through another yawn. The blaring sound of my phone ringing makes me jump. I reach for it in my pants scattered on the ground.

“Hello?” I mutter still trying to find my voice in the early morning.

“Lily! Oh thank god you're alive!” a voice cries so loudly that I have to pull the phone away from my ear.

“Abigail?” I question.

“Where are you! You're family was going insane when you didn't come home last night. Kendall had to lie to them and say you were at her house, asleep, and that your phone was dead. She had to lie to your mum, Lily.” Abigail's voice was shaking.

“Abby, calm down alright? I'm alive, and I'm okay. Alright?” I reply trying to calm her down.

“Where are you?” she asks.

“Niall's flat.” I giggle as he leaves butterfly-kisses along my neck.

“You're where!?” her voice shrieks. “What are you doing there! He's the one who beat up Jesse!”

“You don't know that.” I answer bitterly. But that was a lie, I did know it was him. He admitted it to me last night before things got um, – heated.

“Lily, what happened? Are you hurt? He didn't hurt you, did he?” I vaguely hear her questions. I struggle to keep a moan as Niall bites on one of my collarbones.

“No Abigail, he didn't hurt me.” I protest. That was also a lie. He had hurt me in our activities last night, but it wasn't on purpose. His apologies came fast when he saw the flash of pain in my eyes. “He would never hurt me.” I continue.

“You don't know that.” it was her turn to reply bitterly.

“You don't know him.” I hiss.

“I know him enough not to want to know him.” she replies.

“Just do me a favor, tell my family I'm fine. Alright? I'll be home soon.” I say and hang up before she answers. I angrily drop my phone to the floor and crawl under the blankets. Niall crawls under after me.

“Is there anything I can say or do to make you stay?” he pouts.

I giggle but sigh, “No. My brother is probably going insane.”

He sighs too, “Let me drive you home.” I nod and and start to get dressed. There was a silence while we changed. I broke it.

“Come back to school.” He looked at me as if I had said to murder someone.

“What? I can't! I know there's rumors going around about me beating up Jesse.” he grumbles.

“Please.” I beg. “For me.” I use the puppy dog eyes Liam taught me when we were younger.

“Fine.” he groaned. I kiss his lips lightly. He then runs to his closet and pulls out one of his t-shirts.

I gasp, “Drop Dead! I love that clothing line.” He hands me the shirt.

“Here, put it on. I want you to have something of mine to wear.”

I take it and giggle, “Does this mean, we're together?”

His cheeks blush pink as he replies, “Only if you want to be.” I don't answer him verbally but kiss his sweet lips instead.

-At my house-