Chapter Fourteen

Friday, May 30th, PROM NIGHT

The week until Prom flew by fast. Then next thing I knew, Abigail, Kendall, and I were getting ready. I was struggling getting my dress to zipper.

"Hey Lil?"

"Hmm?" I hum whilst sticking my tongue out trying to zipper my dress.

"Ah ha!" I shout in triumph.

"Who's Lou going with?"

"Where is he anyway?"

"He's at Liam's. They're picking up their dates together."

"Who are they going with?"

"Well, Louis' going with Eleanor Calder and Liam is going with Danielle Peazer.

"The cheerleaders!?" they yell in union.

"Yeah, I mean it makes sense. Eleanor is caption of the cheer-squad, with Danielle second in command. Louis is caption of the football team, with Liam second in command. Come on guys, it makes sense."

They don't answer but nod. A silence followed as we continued to get ready.

"We don't have to hang out with them do we?" I vaguely hear Kendall's question.

"What? No? I told you, just for the limo drive. Then you're free to go with whoever."

"Dylan Walker is my target." Abigail laughs.

We laugh and add the finishing touches to our make-up. We then stand in my full length mirror.

"Wow, look at us." Abigail smiles.

"You ready for the best night of our lives?" I ask grabbing my purse.

The girls cheer in response. We descend the stairs slowly, trying not to trip over our heels.

"Wow, look at my girlys." my mother coos.

"Mum." I whine.

"The limo is here. I hope the girls are rea-" Niall cuts himself off when he catches a glance of me.

"Stop staring at me." I blush.

"You look beautiful."

I turn away into Abigail and Kendall's giggles to hide my blush.

"Lou said he'd see you there." my mother smiles.

"Uh well," Niall clears his throat. "We'd better get going."

We walk down the stairs completely and head out to the limo.

"Have fun and be careful!" my mother calls from the door.

The ride was awkward. Abigail and Kendall would look any other place besides Harry and Zayn. Harry could sense they were a little uncomfortable.

"I know you girls probably heard this a million times already but," he pipes up. "You don't have to stay with Zayn and I. We already have girls there waiting for us."

"Oh really?" Niall cocks an eyebrow.

"Perrie Edwards is waiting for me by the bleachers." Zayn smirks.

"And I've got my eye on Mikayla Sharp." Harry grins.

"Yes, well, you two be careful." Niall laughs in a father-way.

"Yes, father." the boys say in union.

Abigail and Kendall giggle at their silliness. I feel as though they were starting to warm-up to Harry and Zayn. We arrive and the party already started. Niall, Harry, and Zayn help us out of the limo, walking us to the door.