Chapter Fifteen

ICU, ROOM 317

I slept in one of the uncomfortable chairs in Niall's room. The night wasn't a pleasant one. I barely slept – I was up every hour making sure Niall's heart monitor didn't stop. He still hasn't woken up from the anesthesia. The doctors aren't worried – but I am. They said it's normal. His body isn't use to the drug, and it's trying to find it's way out. I snicker at their statement. “His body isn't use to the drug” - please, he's use to any drug you've got. “Enough, enough.” I tell myself. I yawn and stretch my cramped limbs.

“Is he awake yet?”

A voice speaks at the door that makes me jump.

I sigh, “Not yet.”

Zayn takes the seat next to me. The only noise in the room was the constant blip of Niall's heart monitor.

“Do you think he'll ever wake up?” I whisper.

“Our Niall's a fighter. He'll wake up, don't worry.”

Zayn stands up to leave – not before placing a gentle kiss on the top of my head. I wanted to fall back asleep – but not in these chairs. I wanted to curl into Niall's side. I wanted to lay my head in the crook of his neck as his arm wrapped around me protectively. I place my sock-covered feet on the cold hard hospital room floor. I quietly pad across the floor over to Niall's bed. The bed dips down under my knees as I try my best to climb into it. I curl into Niall's arm – grabbing it for security.

“Lily?”

I jump in surprise falling off the bed.

“Oh my gosh! Sweetie, are you alright?”

“I'm fine Michelle. You just scared me.”

“Couldn't sleeping last night?”

I shake my head whilst rubbing my eyes.

“I was up every hour checking the heart monitor.”

“He's fine, love. He's going to wake up soon.”

I shrug and look at my feet.

“Oh! I almost forgot why I had come in here. There's someone outside looking for Harry, I think you know her.”

I follow Michelle outside and Mikayla Sharp is sitting in one of the chairs in the waiting room.

“Lily Tomlinson?” she asks in disbelief.

“Hi.” I answer slyly.

“Where's Harry?”

“He's in Room 318.”

“Is he alright? I don't know what happened. All I know is he was injured.”

“It's really a long story. But long story short, Niall was stabbed and I was almost shot again but Harry jumped in front of me.”

“Oh my god! Is he alright?”

Her words were frantic.

“He's fine. Perfect in fact.”

“May I see him?”

“Oh erm, let me check if he's up. Alright?”

She nods and I walk to Harry's room.

“Harry?” I ponder as I open the door slowly.

He's sitting up in bed – shirtless. I squint my eyes to get a better look at his chest. Besides the tattoos, there were three lacerations across his chest. He looks up at the sound of the door opening and I quickly move my eyes away from his chest. He catches my eyes moving away from his chest and swiftly puts his shirt back on.