Chapter Eleven

There's a rumor going around about Niall cheating on you.”

He wouldn't.”

He has a history of doing this, Lily.”

I replay the conversation between Kendall, Abigail and I constantly. After what had just happened over the weekend between us – him confessing that he's in love with me – why would he cheat? Those thoughts replayed constantly, over and over, in my head all day. By the end of the day, that's all what was in my head.

“It's true. He's cheating on her. I saw it with my own eyes.”

I hear a voice that sounded familiar speak when I stopped by my locker.

“Serves her right. She leads me on thinking that she likes me, then BAM. She goes out with him instead and I get beat up because of it.” the voice speaks again.

My head turns sharply around to the voice – Jesse Daniels. He stood at his locker surrounded by people.

“You.” I say sharply. “It was you.”

“Me?” he remarks.

“You're the one spreading the rumor about Niall cheating on me!”

“Because it's true, saw it with my own eyes.”

“It's not true, he would never.”

Jesse took a step forward.

“Oh?” he cocks his eyebrow.

I cross my arms and stand my ground.

“You wanna know the story?” he says with another cock of his eyebrow.

I don't answer, signaling him to continue, causing him to snicker.

“My house is across the street from the building Niall lives in. I saw him arrive with the woman, get out of his car with the woman, and enter the building with the woman. But here's the twist, the woman doesn't leave. I've seen him time and time again, arrive with women. But they always leave the next morning – except for you. You're the only woman I've ever seen not leave the next day. His has a history of doing this, Lily.”

His last sentence hits me like a bus. It's the same sentence Abigail said to me before I stormed away.

“He's changing.” I snap.

“Some people never change.” he snaps back.

“Yeah, well he is.” I say and storm away.

“He's the same person!”

I flip Jesse the finger.

“You'll see when he breaks your heart!” Jesse yells back.

I decided, with the best of my ability, that I would confront Niall myself. I wouldn't let another problem get in between us. After school, I walked straight to the bleachers. Like always they were there – but this time, Niall wasn't. Harry's face grew a small smile when he first saw me – but it quickly changed when he saw the anger in my eyes.

“Where the bloody hell is he!” I scream.

“He's um, he's uh.” Harry stutters.

“So the rumors are true then?” I snap. “He's cheating on me with some other woman? After he confesses he's in love with me? I knew I should of never trusted him! I knew I should of never let myself fall in love with him!”

“Will you bloody calm down and let Harry speak, for Christ's sake?” Zayn snaps, cutting my rant off,

“Yeah, calm down will you? He's not cheating on you!"