Chapter Seventeen

June 13th

I finished my last exam today and graduation was tonight. I couldn't believe I was graduating high school – with my plans for the future still not completely figured out. I decided I will go to college to become an art teacher – but not the following September. I will wait a year after high school before going to college. But with Louis' scholarship gone, he doesn't know what to do. He hasn't touched a football since the game. Liam was walking in a boot-cast – he hated it. The doctors gave it to him so he'd be able to walk up the stage and receive his diploma. Speaking of diplomas, 'The Sex Pistols' were finally getting theirs. Niall, Harry, and Zayn were graduating. I smile slightly to myself as I changed into my graduation dress. Again, I was struggling with the zipper. I sigh when I realize I gained some weight.

“Ah ha!” I shout in triumph.

I got the dress to zipper but it was a tight fit. I place my gown over top of my dress and place the cap on my head. I stand in my full length mirror.

“You look so grown up.”

I see my mother standing behind me in the mirror. I smile slightly to her.

“My babies are growing up.”

“Mum.” I smile and engulf her in a tight hug.

“You'll always be my baby.” she whispers into my hair.

I nod into her shoulder. We break apart and my mother wipes a few stray tears away.

“Come on. It's time for my babies to get their diplomas.”

My mother grabs my hand pulling me downstairs where everyone waits for us. Louis' outfit was identical to mine – a gold cap and gown. He smiles when he sees me. It was the first time he really smiled since the game. I knew he was really upset about not getting the scholarship. He takes my arm and walks me to our, ready to graduate high school.

-at graduation-

We sat in rows in alphabetic order. Hundreds of students were here to graduate and receive their diplomas. My nerves were high – but I sit next to my brother so I felt better. Liam, Harry, and Zayn sat a few rows in front of us. We each are called one by one up to the stage. I clap for each person called – except for Jesse Daniels. I cheer loudly when the principal calls 'Niall Horan.' Louis also cheers along with me. I cheer when Liam, Harry, and Zayn are called. When the principal finally gets to the 'T's my hands were shaking.

“Noel Thomas.”

My brother was the next to be called. Since we both had the last name 'Tomlinson', they put the oldest twin first – that being Louis. When Louis accepted his diploma, I cheered loudly. He also received another piece of paper along with the diploma – I'll ask him about it later.

“Lily Tomlinson.”

I stand up and walk past every student and parents. All eyes were on me as I made my way to the stage. I could hear my family cheering in the bleachers as I accepted my diploma. I caught Niall's eye and he mouthed, 'I love you.' I also caught Harry and Zayn's eyes – they both were smiling and cheering for me. I walk back to my seat with a small smile placed on my face. When I sit back down, my brother kisses my temple gently saying, “We did it.”

-later that night-

My mother threw us a small graduation celebration at Nando's later that night. It wasn't a lot of people – just mother, Dan, Lottie, Louis, me, Abigail, Kendall, Liam, Niall, Harry, and Zayn. Just the small group of us crowded at a table. The eight of us still in our caps and gowns – my mother wanted them. She was a little embarrassing, but it was understandable. I sat next to Niall – his arm placed firmly around my shoulders. My head laid in the crook of his neck as we laughed together. By the end of the night we were all clutching our sides from laughing so much. It was a great night though Niall and Liam were still hurting. Liam spotting a broken foot and Niall still recovering from surgery. Other than that, it was a great night.

Author's note: I know this chapter is short, This chapter was the graduation x