Chapter Nine

The next morning, the sun was out and the birds were singing. I yawn trying to shake out the sleepiness. I noticed as I was stretching that I was alone in bed. Niall’s boxers weren’t on the floor - which only meant that he was up. Most likely, making us breakfast. I slip on his dis-guarded t-shirt and my panties and tip-toe my way downstairs. As I suspected, he was in the kitchen making us breakfast. He was shirtless - his boxers being the only thing covering his body. I watched the muscles in his shoulders and back flex every time he moved. I notice little scratches running along his back. They started from his shoulders, to the center of his back. They were fingernail marks - my fingernail marks. I wanted to giggle out loud but my hand muffled the sound. Niall’s ears move slightly at the sound of my muffled giggles.

“Thought I heard you.” he chuckled. “But go back to bed.”

“Why?” I pout.

“Because this was suppose to be a surprise breakfast in bed.”

“Oh!” I giggle. “I’ll go back to bed and act surprised when you come up.”

I turn to leave but before I do, I run and kiss the scratch marks I left down his back. I feel a shiver run through him and goosebumps appear on his skin.

“Maybe after breakfast, I can leave some more.” I whisper seductively in his ear causing him to shiver again. I run back upstairs before I make him burn the breakfast. When he returns, he’s carrying a tray filled with pancakes.

“You made all this for me?” I say with awe.

His cheeks blush furiously.

“These are delicious.” I mumble, stuffing my face. Niall’s eyes watch my every move. I can see lust burning in his eyes. I eat slower causing him to squirm.

“Screw it.” he growls and pins me back against the bed. I shriek in excitement as my eyes roll to the back of my head. After yet another - heated moment - between Niall and I, I finally decide to ask him what’s been on my mind.

“Niall?” I ask softly as I pull up a pair of sweatpants.

“Hmm?” he hums in response while buttoning his jeans.

“Do you plan on going to college?”

He looks at me with wide eyes.

“Erm, not really. I’m not book smart like you, I’m more uh, street smart. Besides, I’ll get a job to pay the rent.”

“Oh, so I’ll go to college and you’ll get a job? That’s your plan?”

“Pretty much, yeah.”

“Are you going to get a better job? Or are you going to work for the drug dealer all your life?”

I realize too late that I shouldn’t of said that. Niall’s eyes become wide and darker as his hand grabs my wrist tightly.

“Who told you that?” his voice growls - and not in a sexual manner.

“Niall, you’re hurting me.” I stutter.

His grip on my wrist tightens and my fingers began to feel numb.

“Who told you!” he was now yelling through gritted teeth.

The pain I felt in my wrist was unbearable. I fell to my knees as tears threatened to spill out of my eyes.

“Harry and Zayn!” I cry out.

Niall releases his hold on my wrist and I can’t feel my fingers. He angrily grabs his keys and leaves - not before punching the wall, leaving a gaping hole. I curl up in the corner of the bedroom and try to control my sobs. I needed to get to the hospital and there was no way I could drive myself. I couldn’t call Louis or Abigail or Kendall - they’d never let me near Niall again. I tried to call Harry but I was sent to voice mail. I call the last person I’d ever think to call - Zayn. He answers after four rings.