Chapter Eighteen

July

Since it was now summer, I had more time to spend with Niall – and not worry about school. We mostly hung out at my house by the pool. The surgery left a scar on Niall's right hip. He didn't mind though – it wasn't his first scar. I sat at the pool with my sister and Niall. I was babysitting my neighbors' two kids – they were five and six. Niall was playing in the pool with them as Lottie and I sunbathed.

“Hey Lily?”

I lifted my sunglasses up acknowledging my sister.

“Have you noticed Niall has been really jumpy lately?”

I shake my head.

“Every time he hears a noise he jumps. This morning when he was in the kitchen I walked in behind him and said hello. He jumped and nearly broke the mug he was holding."

“Well, I ever since what happened prom night I'm sure he's jumpy.”

“He shouldn't be that jumpy. He nearly jumped out of his pants.”

I nod trying to reason with Lottie's observation. I watch Niall in the pool with the kids. I lift up my drink from the table dropping my book off of my lap in the process. Niall jumps around in the pool looking for the noise. Lottie's eyes meet mine as she raises them in surprise.

“Nialler! Nialler!” one of the kids shout.

“Jump in the pool!” the other one shouts.

“Alright! Alright!” he laughs.

He climbs out of the pool walking towards the diving board.

“Cannonball!” Niall shouts jumping off the diving board – splashing Lottie and I in the process, causing us to scream.

“Sorry babe!” he yells when he resurfaces.

I roll my eyes grabbing my towel.

“Okay, I've had enough pool time.” I sigh walking inside with Lottie following close behind me.

“Lil?”

“Hmm?”

“Are you okay?”

“What are you talking about, Lott?”

“Well, I've heard you throwing up a lot.”

“I'm fine Lott. I just had the stomach bug.”

She nods but something in her eyes tell me she doesn't believe me.

I grab her shoulders, “I'm fine Lottie. Trust me, alright?” I smile to reassure her.

“Okay.” she sighs but smiles.

Niall cuts our conversation off by walking in wrapped in a towel.

“Your neighbors came home. They said they'd pay you next time they see you.”

“What!” I gasp. “They promised to pay me today.”

Niall chuckles, “Just kidding. Here's the money.”

He hands me the forty dollars I earned. Lottie rolls her eyes and walks off leaving Niall and I alone. His hands grab my waist and pulls me close to his naked chest.

“You looked really good in your swim suit babe.” he growls softly in my ear.

I giggle, “You didn't look half bad yourself, either.”

He nibbles on my ear causing me to softly moan.

“C'mon.” I say grabbing his hand. “Let's go get changed.”

We walk upstairs to my bedroom closing the door behind us.

“Alright, now turn around.” I say motioning him to turn around.

He laughs, “Babe, I've seen you naked before. Remember?”

“Yeah, I know.” I sigh. “Just turn around, please?”

Niall holds up his arms in defeat and turns around. I untie my bathing suit top and quickly put my bra on. I then pull down my bathing suit bottoms and pull up my underwear.

“Is it alright to turn around now?”

I sigh but softly chuckle, “Yes.”

Niall turns back around with a smirk. He runs towards me lifting me off of the ground tickling my sides. I laugh loudly. He places feather-kisses along my neck as he continues to tickle me. My phone vibrates on my desk.

“Niall! Niall! Stop it! My phone!” I continue to laugh.

He groans but lets me go. I run to my desk and pick up my phone – thinking it's a text from someone I know. It's not.

“Thanks for the show ;).”

I turn sharply around and a figure is leaning against a car staring right into my window. I gasp dropping my phone.

“What is it babe?” Niall asks picking up my phone.

His fist clench as he walks to the window closing the blinds roughly.

My phone goes off again, “You won't always have him to protect you. Have a nice night.”

I put one of Niall's shirt on over my undergarments and I crawl under my blankets.

“I will always protect you.” Niall whispers as he crawls in behind me.

“I know.” I whisper back.

There was silence before I spoke again.

“Hey um,” I start. “My family and I always go on vacation at the end of July. We always rent this big house and there's always a lot of extra room. Do you think you and the boys would like to come? Liam comes with us every year and you guys could become friendly with them.”

“I'll have to ask them, but I'm sure they'll say yes. Are you sure your mum will allow us?”

“I've already talked to her, it was her idea.”

Niall chuckles softly, “Sounds like her.”

“Abigail and Kendall are also coming.”

“I can be friendly with them.”

“Alright then."

“Alright.”

I start yawning but I try to hide it.

“Go to sleep love. I'll be here when you wake up.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

Niall seals his promise with a sweet kiss.

July 31st

It was the end of July – which meant it was the Tomlinson's family vacation. Only this time, it wasn't just the Tomlinson's. It was the Tomlinson's plus six. Eleven people in one beach house for two weeks – from July 31st to August 14th. The girls would be sharing one room – two bunks beds. The boys would also be sharing a room – two bunks beds and an air mattress. Zayn offered to take the air mattress. I secretly hoped that these two weeks nothing bad would happened. I hoped my brother would be civil with Harry and Zayn – I had no worries about Liam.

“Lily, are you sure this is a good idea?” Kendall's voice was worried.

“It's going to be fine, Kendall.”

I hope I was right.