Chapter Nineteen

August 6th

Since arriving on vacation, nothing bad has happened – yet. Louis was being civil with Harry and Zayn. Like I had thought, I didn't have to worry about Liam. During breakfast, we were all talking about we'd do today. Liam and Louis said they were going to go the grocery store – we were running out of food. Mum, Dan, and Lottie were going into town to go shopping. Niall had suggested that the rest of us go swimming in the lake that was down the stream – I thought it was a good idea. So later that morning, when everyone but the six of us left, we changed into our swimsuits and headed to the lake. To our surprise, there was a rope swing. Niall was the first jump on the rope and swing into the frigid water.

“Wow!” he shouts when he resurfaces. “Come on in! The water's amazing.”

Harry and Zayn waste no time getting in the water. Abigail and Kendall were the next ones to jump in.

“Oh my gosh Lily! You have to come in!” Abigail giggles.

I want to refuse their offer, but I knew I'd end up in the water anyway. Niall climbs up on the dock and watches me intensively. I step up on the ledge of the lake and grab a hold of the rope swing.

“I can't do it!” I yell looking down into the water.

“Get in!” Niall yells to me. “Get in the water!”

“Get in!” Kendall and Abigail giggle.

“Come on!” Harry and Zayn join in.

“Get in the water!” Niall continues to yell. “I'm sorry baby. Baby, would you please get in the water?”

“Alright!” I cry.

I grip the rope tightly and start running and jump once running off the edge. I scream when I let the rope go and splash into the water. When I resurface, I push my wet hair out of my face and laugh. Niall jumps back in right in front of me. He grabs me around the waist and drags me underwater. I feel his lips brush against mine. He then pulls me back to the surface leaning his forehead against mine.

“I've always wanted an underwater kiss.” I whisper sheepishly.

“And now you've got one.” he whispers back.

-later that day-

After spending half the day at the lake, we all went back to the house around 3 – the same time everyone else was returning.

“I smell of lake water. I'm taking a shower.” I sigh walking through the door.

I head off towards the girls' bathroom in the girls' bedroom. I strip of my swimsuit and step into the hot water sighing as it runs down my back. I run shampoo through my hair massaging my scalp. The curtains are pulled back when I finish rinsing out the shampoo.

“Hey cutie.” Niall giggles as he kisses the back of my neck.

“What are you doing in here?” I gasp. “You know you have your own bathroom right?”

“Yeah, I know. Your brother is kind of occupying it and it doesn't sound friendly.”

I sigh, “He must've drank the tap water. It doesn't really agree with him. He'll be in there for a while.”

Niall sighs, “I need a shower, I smell.”

“Why can't you just wait until he's finished?”

“Liam called the bathroom after Lou. And I can't stand being smelly.”

I giggle, “For a boy, you're such a girl.”

“Oh ha ha.” Niall laughs sarcastically as he leans closer to kiss my lips.