Fighting in the war

I woke up the next day in Gerard's arms... Again, But this time I didn't want to move, I mean I couldn't because he had his arm on my shoulder and If I moved It would hurt. 'two days' It kept cycling my head Until I felt Gerard move and breathe in deeply.

"Morning" I said and he let go of me slowly.

"Sorry about that" He said stretching and standing up, I went to get up but he ran over to me and stopped me.

"Just because I've hurt my shoulder doesn't mean I can't walk" I laughed and he let me stand. I slipped some trousers on with his help this time but It didn't bother me. I walked downstairs to see Frank sitting on the sofa drinking coffee.

"Sophie! Come here a second" He called out and I sat down next to him.

"What's up?" I asked

"I want to speak about fighting in the war" I sighed

"I'm going and that's final"

"Can I go with you?" He asked which shocked me a little.

"Well yeah, of course" I smiled.

"Me, Mikey and Ray are going... I don't know about Gerard" I rolled my eyes

"The more killjoys that fight the better" I heard Shanelle speak up as she sat opposite us, she also had coffee... I want one. Gerard came walking over with two cups in his hand looking at me.

"Here you go" He handed me a cup and I smiled, Yay coffee!

"Thanks Gerard" He smiled back and sat next to me, Shanelle and Frank gave him a look.

"Gerard, are you going to fight in the war?" Frank finally asked, I sipped my coffee and sat quietly waiting for him to reply.

"Yes" He said quietly. That hurt, he could go and not come back... That's probably why he didn't want me to go.

"Just thinking, who isn't going?" I asked Frank

"Tessa is going... But not fighting. She's the medic" he smiled

"You're not going" I heard Gerard mumble to me.

"You can't stop me" I spat out

"You're Injured. I think I can"

"My left shoulder isn't my shooting arm" I spat.

"But it's a weakness for the enemys to use"

"If she wants to fight let her" Shanelle spoke to Gerard.

"No, why did you have to come here in the first place? You're making her go" Shanelle sat up straight and put the coffee on the table.

"She chose to fight, I give people the choice to fight. I would never make them" Gerard clenched his fist.

"Dude, everyone's going and we will have each others backs" Frank leaned forward to say to him. "This may be the only hope for the killjoys to win the war" He was right whether Gerard liked it or not. The more killjoys we have fighting the more of a chance to win.