Chapter 35

I couldn't move or struggle. I was in shock. I felt myself getting weaker as every second passed. Just as I felt like I was going to pass out, he removed his teeth from my neck. "I'll save some for later. I've changed my mind about killing you and your friends." He said while wiping his mouth. He smirked at me and then snapped his fingers. In a blink, he was gone. I just sat there, low energy, wondering why he had changed his mind at the last second. Somebody knocked at the pantry door. They opened it and picked me up, running outside with some other people. I felt myself being wrapped up in a blanket. "She's in shock. We'll ask her about what happened when she snaps out of it. I'm just glad that those things are gone." The person said. "Yeah. Me too. We should see that she gets some rest." Another voice stated. They picked me up again and put me into a bright space with a small bed in it. A cot? Probably. I felt something sharp stab into my arm and then I started to feel drowsy. "She should be fine by the time we get to the hospital..." The voice drowned out and I dozed off.

I felt someone shake my arm. "Ungh... what?" I managed out. I heard the person gasp. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. My head hurt. "Rosie! You're okay!" The person said. They hugged me. "Who are you?" I asked. "Well, if you opened your eyes then maybe you would see." I sighed and slowly opened my eyes to the blinding light. I turned to face the person, squinting because I was having a hard time adjusting to the fluorescent beams. "...Jack?" "Yay! The doc said that you wouldn't know who I was because you knocked your head pretty hard but I knew that you would recognize me because you love me and stuff like that and the power of love rules all-" "Why don't you have a cone nose? And why aren't you completely white?" He laughed. "Haha! Rosie, you really crack me up! You know that I'm not in my clown get up right now! Not in public, unless it's a birthday party." "But... You're always in it? It's just the way you are..." He gave a nervous smile and reached over to a side table. "I got you these flowers... Sorry if they're a bit... eheh, dead. You were out for longer than expected..." He handed over a bouquet of roses. How original. I gave him a slight smile and took the roses. "Thanks. Um... How long was I out for?" He chewed his bottom lip. "... Only about four months, give or take. not as bad as we thought." He answered. I looked down at the blankets that my legs were hidden under. "Where's everyone else?" "You mean Jeff, Sally, Slean and the others who stay at our mansion? They're waiting for you to come back. Which you will be doing today, after the doctor gives you your pills." "Pills?" He chuckled. "Well, yeah. You hit your head pre-tty hard." "What about those... things that were there? Y'know, the things with no eyes..." I shuddered. He looked at me and shrugged. "You hit your head harder than I thought..." The doctor walked in. Jack sighed and went up to him. They started whispering while glancing at me and waving their arms around. The doctor walked up to me. "You'll have to sit in a wheelchair for a few months, Rosalynn. Your legs are damaged. We'll have some nurses help you into it." I nodded my head, still confused by all of this. The nurses came into the room soon after the doctor had said that. I was in the wheelchair and ready to go after only a few seconds of struggle. We thanked the doctor and left the hospital. "Here, I'll push you. We'll be back soon." We watched the sunset as he pushed me towards the tranquil forest.