Chapter 2

The door opened and my brother and Zayn came barreling in, arguing over who one the game of tic tac toe.

"No, you didn't win you git, I did!" Zayn yelled, hitting Harry's arm. I laughed at the bickering boys.

"Why do you guys care who won tic tac toe?" I question them, and they snap their heads over towards me.

"Because. Hayley, you don't know what these games mean, do you?" Zayn asks me, clicking his tongue when I shake my head.

"When we play these games, we always try to make them interesting. We either put money into it, or we make up dares. If the person loses the bet, they either have to pay or do the dare." Zayn explains, setting his bag on the floor. That confused me. Didn't they study at Zayn's?

"Weren't you guys just at Zayn's house studying?" I ask, pointing to his white messenger bag with a ton of writing on it. He shrugs, walking across the living room to sit in the middle of Louis and I, Harry following. He plops down on the couch, throwing his arm around my shoulders.

"Hey there little sister." He chirps, planting a sloppy wet kiss on my cheek. I squeal and wipe his saliva off of my cheek. He laughs loudly and pulls out his phone. Being the nosey nelly that I am, I adjust my gaze towards his phone screen. The picture was of me and him making a silly face. I smiled at it, then saw he had three texts. One is from me, my contact name being, 'Little Pain:P' the the two others are from my mum, probably asking where he was. He quickly unlocked his phone, checked the messages, then locked his phone again, looking up at the tv screen.

I averted my gaze towards the tv as well, absentmindedly touching my lips. They tingled a little. I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact me and Louis almost kissed. I felt giddy. I looked over at Louis, who was staring at the tv with a blank expression.  Standing up, I turn to my brother who is watching my every move.

"I'm going to my room to do some homework. If you need me, yell or text me." I announce, making my way to up the stairs. I hear Zayn mumble something but decide to ignore it.

In the safety of my bedroom, I shut my door, running a hand through my messy curls. I walk over to my desk, where I my bag is, and pull out my books. Better start on Algebra.

After two minutes of focusing on the first problem, or in my case trying to focus, I slam my pencil on the paper, letting out an angry sigh. Why did the boys have to come home? They ruined a perfect moment. I was about to have my first kiss. Wait. What am I talking about? I couldn't have my first kiss with Louis because he's my brothers best friend. That's wrong. If Harry found out, he would hate Louis forever. He wouldn't trust me again. He won't ever find out, will he? I hope not. I couldn't think about this anymore, I needed to talk about it. I grabbed my phone from my bed, unlocked it, and scrolled through my contacts until the perfect name came up. She was the only person I could talk about this with. I hit call and she picked up after the fourth ring.

"Hello?" A high, thick Aussie accent piped.

"Hey, Sonja. What's up?" I asked nonchalantly, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Nothing much really. Just hanging out with Ashton. What about you?" She asks, giggling a little at the end.

"Oh you know the usual, doing homework, hung out with Louis for a bit, we almost kissed..." I trailed off, letting that part sink in. About a half second later I heard her gasp loudly.

"You didn't! Girl come over now. You have some explaining to do." She says. Someone said something that caused her to laugh loudly, my guess it was Ashton messing with her.

"Okay. I'll be over in 15." I say, grabbing my purse and keys, slipping on a pair of moccasins.

"Alright. See you then." She says before hanging up. I laugh and end the call, basically running out of my room and down the stairs.