Chapter 10

I stared at my phone all hour, waiting for that one text I knew I would never receive.

I sent the text again, watching the bar slowly slide over as it sent the message.

"To: Louis.

Where are you? I need to talk to you. xx"

It delivered to his phone, so I locked my phone and tried to focus on the lesson. Someone tapped my leg, trying to gain my attention. Pushing their hand away, they tapped me again with more force. Swatting them away once again, I put all my attention onto the board. The person sighed, and placed their hand in their lap, fiddling with the ring on their finger. I looked up at the person, eyes widening at the person. Louis.

I looked at Sonja, who was staring at him with same expression.

"Why is he here?" She mouthed to me.

"I don't know." I mouthed back. I stared at Louis, who was staring back at me with a hurt look. Furrowing my eyebrows, I waited until the bell rang to talk to him.

Once the bell sounded, I was the first out of my seat and followed after Louis.

"Louis! Why were you in my class?" I asked him, basically running to keep pace with him.

"I wanted to tell you something." He said, slowing down. My heart hammered in my chest. His answer confused and scared me. What did he need to tell me? Was it bad? Was it about our date? I needed answers, and I needed them now.

I stepped in front of him, making him stop before he trampled me. He had an annoyed expression on his face now, blowing his mint breath in my face.

"Hayley, I enjoyed our date. I really did, and I wanted to know if you would do me the favor of going to Homecoming with me?" He said, smiling brightly at me. My heart dropped to my stomach, my books on the floor, and my arms were tightly around his neck.

"Yes! I will go to homecoming with you!" I said, excitement filling my veins. He chuckled, wrapping his arms around my waist. I let him go, a smile never leaving my face.

"You scared me, ya know. I thought you went missing or something!" I exclaimed, hitting his arms softly. He laughed, picked up my books and carried them to my locker.

"I was thinking of the perfect way to ask you to the dance. I'm sorry for distracting you in class as well. I was going to ask you there but I got nervous and chickened out." He explained, weaving his free hand through mine. We passed by Sonja, Ashton, and Mary who were staring at me with a confused look. 'I'll explain later' I mouthed to them. They nodded, disappearing around the corner.

Me and Louis reached my locker, and he watched as I put in my combination, opening my locker.

"So, what color should my dress be?" I asked as I took the books from his arms. He shrugged, staring at the pictures of me and Sonja on my locker door.

"Any color I guess, I'll just match my tie with your dress." He said, smiling at me. I grabbed my notebook for my next class and slammed my locker shut. I smiled back at him.

"Okay, well I'm thinking I'm going dress shopping with Sonja and Mary soon so I'll pick something up. And maybe something for you as well." I said, walking down the hallway.

Louis smiled, following me down the hallway. He insisted that he walk me to class, as any gentlemen would.

The rest of the day was a blur. Lunch was spent with Sonja and the crew as usual, and after that, I don't remember much. All I know is that I had a date to homecoming. And that made me very happy.

"YOU HAVE A DATE TO HOMECOMING!" Sonja and Mary screamed, jumping on my bed. I laughed loudly at their reaction.

I waited for their screams and jumping to stop so I could tell them what happened.

"He just asked. So Sonja, your plan half worked." I explained, grabbing my bear from the floor.

"Is that why he was in our first hour?" Mary asked. I nodded, blushing. Now that I think about it, I felt kinda bitchy because I kept shooing him away. But none of that mattered anymore, Louis was my escort and date to the dance in a few weeks.

"We need to go dress shopping this weekend! I need to get Ash something too." Sonja said, a big grin on her face.

"I still need a date." Mary said sadly.

"Oh, honey. Don't worry about that. Niall said he wants to go with you." Sonja assured her, rubbing her back. I giggled at the way she said Niall, with her Australian accent it sounds like Nall.

This weekend should fun.

-------
Feedback is welcomed! Thanks for 2K reads! Sorry if it's not what you hoped for it to be! What do you want to happen?

Stay golden! Xoxo